No announcement yet.

Suhr Doug Aldrich pickup set in Les Paul

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suhr Doug Aldrich pickup set in Les Paul

Wut do, HCAF? really considering getting a set of these for my LP when i get back from asscrackistan. i like the demo of the Aldrich vs the 18V EMG's. the Aldrich has more low end and cut than the EMG's did.

its a tossup between either a set of these or a BK Painkiller/Cold Sweat set.

here's the demo i was talkin bout:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lvAjNYevbw
    My Clips
    BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE
    GOOD TRANNY WITH:
    EdgeOfDarkness, Ju5t1n20, NinjaRaf

MAPS n stuff
    Blackstar HT-100
    B-52 AT100 Tri-Mode Rectifier
    4-12 w/Jensen JCH-12/70s and Celestion Seventy-80's
    Way Huge Green Rhino Mk-II OD
    AMT P1
    Vox wah
    Home-made pedal board

GUITARS
    -Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Seymour Duncan 'Full Shred' neck/'Duncan Distortion' bridge)
    -Ibanez RG321 w/SD Blackouts

I has them in one of my LPs. i dont really care for them much. They dont sound bad but they are not a real hot sounding pickup to my ears. My Splawns seem to like lower output pups so my rig may be the reason why i am not gung ho for the Aldrich set.
    Splawn Quickrod 2012 B+ Option
    Splawn Nitro 2012
    Splawn Nitro 2008
    Modded 6505+
    Blackstar HT-5

Comment

The Aldrich sound real nice and are much warmer than EMG's, good balanced pup soldier.
      I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

I has them in one of my LPs. i dont really care for them much. They dont sound bad but they are not a real hot sounding pickup to my ears. My Splawns seem to like lower output pups so my rig may be the reason why i am not gung ho for the Aldrich set.

that's what i've heard about the Aldrich's but it says they are Suhr's highest output humbucker?? That's why im torn between a set of them and the Painkiller/Cold Sweat set...

i guess i have 7 months to make a decision lol
        My Clips
        BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE
        GOOD TRANNY WITH:
        EdgeOfDarkness, Ju5t1n20, NinjaRaf

MAPS n stuff
        Blackstar HT-100
        B-52 AT100 Tri-Mode Rectifier
        4-12 w/Jensen JCH-12/70s and Celestion Seventy-80's
        Way Huge Green Rhino Mk-II OD
        AMT P1
        Vox wah
        Home-made pedal board

GUITARS
        -Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Seymour Duncan 'Full Shred' neck/'Duncan Distortion' bridge)
        -Ibanez RG321 w/SD Blackouts

Comment

My Les Pauls have Seymour Duncan SH-5 Custom [brdg] & 59' [neck], can't go wrong IMHO.
          I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

They sound pretty ****************ing badass in Doug's Lester, anyway...

Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

I had them in my 59 reissue and they was nice, they have plenty cut and i think they are hot pickups, clear sounding too.
              I have one in my strat also.

Comment

Working...
              X