Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suhr Doug Aldrich pickup set in Les Paul

Wut do, HCAF? really considering getting a set of these for my LP when i get back from asscrackistan. i like the demo of the Aldrich vs the 18V EMG's. the Aldrich has more low end and cut than the EMG's did.

its a tossup between either a set of these or a BK Painkiller/Cold Sweat set.

here's the demo i was talkin bout:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lvAjNYevbw
    My Clips
    BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE
    GOOD TRANNY WITH:
    EdgeOfDarkness, Ju5t1n20, NinjaRaf

MAPS n stuff
    Blackstar HT-100
    B-52 AT100 Tri-Mode Rectifier
    4-12 w/Jensen JCH-12/70s and Celestion Seventy-80's
    Way Huge Green Rhino Mk-II OD
    AMT P1
    Vox wah
    Home-made pedal board

GUITARS
    -Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Seymour Duncan 'Full Shred' neck/'Duncan Distortion' bridge)
    -Ibanez RG321 w/SD Blackouts

I has them in one of my LPs. i dont really care for them much. They dont sound bad but they are not a real hot sounding pickup to my ears. My Splawns seem to like lower output pups so my rig may be the reason why i am not gung ho for the Aldrich set.
    Splawn Quickrod 2012 B+ Option
    Splawn Nitro 2012
    Splawn Nitro 2008
    Modded 6505+
    Blackstar HT-5

Comment

The Aldrich sound real nice and are much warmer than EMG's, good balanced pup soldier.
      I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

I has them in one of my LPs. i dont really care for them much. They dont sound bad but they are not a real hot sounding pickup to my ears. My Splawns seem to like lower output pups so my rig may be the reason why i am not gung ho for the Aldrich set.

that's what i've heard about the Aldrich's but it says they are Suhr's highest output humbucker?? That's why im torn between a set of them and the Painkiller/Cold Sweat set...

i guess i have 7 months to make a decision lol
        My Clips
        BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE
        GOOD TRANNY WITH:
        EdgeOfDarkness, Ju5t1n20, NinjaRaf

MAPS n stuff
        Blackstar HT-100
        B-52 AT100 Tri-Mode Rectifier
        4-12 w/Jensen JCH-12/70s and Celestion Seventy-80's
        Way Huge Green Rhino Mk-II OD
        AMT P1
        Vox wah
        Home-made pedal board

GUITARS
        -Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Seymour Duncan 'Full Shred' neck/'Duncan Distortion' bridge)
        -Ibanez RG321 w/SD Blackouts

Comment

My Les Pauls have Seymour Duncan SH-5 Custom [brdg] & 59' [neck], can't go wrong IMHO.
          I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

They sound pretty ****************ing badass in Doug's Lester, anyway...

Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like ******************** then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like ********************.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

I had them in my 59 reissue and they was nice, they have plenty cut and i think they are hot pickups, clear sounding too.
              I have one in my strat also.

Comment

Working...
              X