Joe Bonamassa is just awesome

Neilrocks25

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn right.

I was talking with my wife about how we missed the Albert hall gig (she is a fan too) and we still kick our selves.

Damn, that would've been an epic show to make!

I'll say this, though, I have seen Joe 9 times live over the years (for some reason, he really seems to dig Jville!), and even when he played Freebird Live about 5 years ago and LITERALLY, only about 30 people showed up, he ALWAYS plays like he's playing for 50,000 people and always delivers a great show! He's really improved as a singer over that time, too. He's sold out the Florida Theater the past 3 years, and I can't imagine a more perfect venue for him, but even when he was the unknown underdog, the guy has just always "got it" when it comes to playing live and has never failed to deliver the goods.

And dear GOD, that TONE... :love:

• Members

Damn, that would've been an
epic
show to make!

I'll say this, though, I have seen Joe 9 times live over the years (for some reason, he really seems to dig Jville!), and even when he played Freebird Live about 5 years ago and LITERALLY, only about 30 people showed up, he ALWAYS plays like he's playing for 50,000 people and
always
delivers a great show! He's really improved as a singer over that time, too. He's sold out the Florida Theater the past 3 years, and I can't imagine a more perfect venue for him, but even when he was the unknown underdog, the guy has just always "got it" when it comes to playing live and has never failed to deliver the goods.

And dear GOD, that TONE...
:love:

you know what he makes every where he plays feel special and like he really cares that he is there (and I think he does) and that's a great quality.

And that tone.. I would go as far as to say he rivals David Gilmore in tone

• Members

also this really made me lol, there is a thread about it on Rig talk.

Joe posted this on facebook

Joe Bonamassa

Honesty the people on the Gear Page need to chill out on slagging me. I am tired of people taking cheap shots. It especially seems to come from that blog. Here is my advice.. put a band together.. Tour and walk a mile in my shoes.. Oh thats right.. you cant because you just talk and not do really much of anything positive. I don't mean to put down all the folks there just the morons who take cheap shots.

Yesterday at 7:13am

• Members

LULZ!!! Although it's hard for me to believe that at this point in his career, Joe's sweating much of anything TGP of all places would have to say about him!

Hopefully he realizes that TGP is a huge joke to virtually every other musicians' forum! :lol:

And yeah, Joe's tone is on a VERY short list for me of the best tones I've ever heard. :thu:

• Members

you know what he makes every where he plays feel special and like he really cares that he is there (and I think he does) and that's a great quality.

And that tone..
I would go as far as to say he rivals David Gilmore in tone

Love love love Joe Bonamassa, but them fightin' words. :mad: Gilmour is god :love:

• Members

^I just enjoy good music, if this is a race thing that's just lame. If not I don't get what your talking about I am English and it makes no sense to me, I enjoy the music and that's what music is entertainment right?

Race thing? Did you just pull the race card... Seriously?

No, it's not a "race thing". It's a bland thing.

• Members

Race thing? Did you just pull the race card... Seriously?

No, it's not a "race thing". It's a bland thing.

I would have been surprised if you did to be honest, a I said my humour is different and to much negativity on this forum has jaded me, so apologies.

As for bland 10 years ago I would have agreed but as I get older it makes "sense".

Maybe I am just old.

Archived