Bacon cooking methods...

jenksdrummer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thats what i usually do, you can cook it in the oven too. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bacon

ever wrap corn in bacon and then grill it? so freaking good, makes the corn taste like bacon.

Broiler or use an actual temp setting?

Never thought about wrapping around a corn cob. Holy {censored} that sounds good!

• Members

yeah you have to strip down the husk but keep it attached, then wrap the bacon around the corn and then re wrap up the husk around the bacon. usually takes 30-40 minutes on the grill, its really good.

in the oven i use an actual temp setting, i would have to look it up but pretty low if i remember correctly.

• Members

I bake my bacon. Toss it all in a pan, toss it in the oven. 10-15 minutes later, bacon. The biggest advantage is that you don't get sprayed with boiling bacon grease. It also gives you the option of using a rack, which can save you some paper towels when you're done. Also, the aforementioned grease comes out cleaner for re-use than stove-top.

Not sure if there are any drawbacks. In the interest of full disclosure, I prefer my bacon thin-cut and crispy.

• Members

Also...

Thick cut bacon...put brown sugar on both sides...

Put it in a smoker for an hour or so.

Candied Bacon! It's one of my most favorite things ever.

Use Maple sugar instead of Brown sugar, and you have me sold.

Archived