I want out of this state. . .

ThrashensteiN

• Members

I live in Michigan. . . it blows, really. I graduate in the fall, I'm going into game design etc etc blah blah. But I'm looking for suggestions for places to move to. I'm not super picky, but I would like a place where I can go see a game or something within a decent driving distance, music life, and {censored} to do on the weekends. Cost of living is sort of an issue but I know that if I want to live in a city, {censored}s gonna cost money. Here is a small list of places I've considered, which have sparked my interest for various reasons (social life, my fandom for local teams, friends suggestion etc.): Massachusetts, Texas, and thats pretty much it honestly.

• Members

L.A! If I could convince my wife to leave Ohio I would have moved 5 years ago. I love that town.

But really where are most games designed?

I would guess the pacific northwest, silicon valley, or Japan. These would all be good choices to move to.

• Members

Pretty much this. I live 25 miles NW of Boston. Housing all around is expensive, and taxes aren't great, either. But I make a killer annualized salary, and I love living in this area. It has more pluses than minuses.

:phil:

I thought you were the rollercoaster engineer at Santa Claus park???

• Members

I live in Michigan. . . it blows, really. I graduate in the fall, I'm going into game design etc etc blah blah. But I'm looking for suggestions for places to move to. I'm not super picky, but I would like a place where I can go see a game or something within a decent driving distance, music life, and {censored} to do on the weekends. Cost of living is sort of an issue but I know that if I want to live in a city, {censored}s gonna cost money. Here is a small list of places I've considered, which have sparked my interest for various reasons (social life, my fandom for local teams, friends suggestion etc.): Massachusetts, Texas, and thats pretty much it honestly.

New England is a good choice. Give Attleboro, MA a chance, its a beeline right to boston and it is next door to Providence.

• Members

Go to a state that is also growing (economically) and not taxing you 24/7 and handing out welfare checks

People are leaving NY more and more, (just lost congressional seats because of this) maybe the asshole politicians will wise up 1 of these years but why do that when you can 'buy votes' with handouts

:facepalm:

• Members

one word: Chicago!

Would not, and I live here. If I didn't have my family, friends and job here I'd be out. Weather sucks nearly year round and the state of IL is pretty much {censored}ed overall.

Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of what Chicago offers. If I was looking to start fresh though I think there are better options. Personally I'd choose Denver or Austin. At least in denver when it snows I can snowboard.

Archived