Refinished a beater 7-string. Check out the finished product.

HottKarl

• Members

So I bought this awhile back knowing that I would probably repaint it and add some decent pickup(s) to it. Washburn WG587 (paid $125 I think).

Before:

IMG00302-20110515-1707.jpg

IMG00306-20110515-1708.jpg

IMG00303-20110515-1708.jpg

After. Repainted it....flat black with a flat clear finish. Added a Bareknuckle Warpig in the bridge.

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0163-1.jpg

DSC_0161-1.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

Sounds real beefy. The Warpig is crazy hot....still working on my settings with D60 but like it so far. I had planned on doing a swirl with a forumite but decided against it this time.....I will do one eventually though.

But anyways, there you go.

• Members

The silver sparkle was not my thing at all. I've always wanted to do something in flat black for a long time.....thank you ESP.

This is all rattle can....probably 7 coats of black, followed by about 8 coats of spray clear with wet sanding. This thing is baby's ass smooth.

• Members

Yeah, the american flag seems to be a turnoff for some.....I guess our flag has certain connotations for certain people, which I get.

Definitely not intending to give a 'country' vibe, I cannot stand 99.9% of country music. I just like the color pop and I have the flag on a lot of stuff.....most important of which is my work uniform (turnout coat and helmet.) I have nothing but positive intentions with adding the flag. FWIW, the other guitar I repainted a couple years ago has the flag in the same spot...so I guess that makes it my thing:

DSC00010.jpg

Archived