Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't amp companies install a lead boost function more often?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't amp companies install a lead boost function more often?

It seems everyone likes to boost the front end with a pedal for leads. How come amp companies dont just install this option to begin with? Just a little "juice" for leads is all doesn't have to be extreme gain or anything. Just sayin...
    Ibanez RG3520ZH

UNLEASH TEH FURY!

On a side note, some idiots would still boost an amp that already have a boost function built in...

That idiot is me

Comment

And me.

Comment

Lead boost =/= your own choice in pedal
        MIJ Telecaster | MIM stratocaster | Gibson SG Standard | Hamer Californian 27 fret | Mesa 2 chan Triple Rectifier | Marshal JMP | Marshall DSL100 | Avatar 4x12 with v30s | Peavey 4x12 with Green Berets

www.soundclick.com/sayocean

Originally Posted by cavemanic

a pot smoking ENGL player.....thats pretty much the ingredients for a worthless pile of **************** anyway

Comment

I came here to say this.
          | Destination : Destruction | Kalmanväki | Luujauho | Clips | Youtube | Gear |

Comment

What are you girls talking about. He's talking about boosting your front end, not a lead boost

Comment

I think having more amps with a Volume increase "Solo Boost" would be a better idea.

Comment

What are you girls talking about. He's talking about boosting your front end, not a lead boost

So was I. People like to have their own flavor of a boost instead of a built in one. Otherwise there wouldn't be a market for hundreds of different TS variations.
                | Destination : Destruction | Kalmanväki | Luujauho | Clips | Youtube | Gear |

Comment

I think having more amps with a Volume increase "Solo Boost" would be a better idea.

Correct. Boosting the front end "for leads" is increasing distortion etc, not level. Hardly level. Maybe the increase in mids seems to raise the volume but in a band with a second guitarist you are going to wonder where the **************** was the solo burried.

A "level" solo boost makes much more sense for two channel amps. It can also be done with a delay pedal in the loop if it is serial of course but anyway.

A three channel head makes of course much more sense anyway. I don't particularly like soloing with my dryer rythm tone but anyway...
                  "is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!

short answer: no...

long answer: no way..."

Comment

don't dumbles have a build in fet boost stage?

i'd second that a lead boost would be more useful, and many amps already have that.
                    front end boosts are all about the tone which is why there are so many different ones.
                    www.youtube.com/paolojm

Comment

If you can make them all agree to use the Suhr Koko Boost circuit, complete with all switching operations available on the amp's footswitch, I'm in!
                      Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

Its easy enough to do and there are a few different ways to do it although it depends on whether or not you want a million relays inside the amp.
                        DCC Engineering. Custom Cabs and Effects.

Originally Posted by -Assy-

Okay I summed up this entire thread in three posts. Let's go home and beat our children.

Comment

DIfferent front end boosts do different things. Using an OCD as a boost sounds WAYYY different than using a TS9... That's why they don't do it. If you're talking about a simple volume boost, then that's a different story...
                          Facebook SoundCloudGood Deals with; STEELKAGE, LenDuffy, Yo_Squig, theemarkmiller and others I've forgottenSPAMDimarzio Paf Pro red- 30$ Shipped(one thread is worn)Ampeg VH140C

Comment

One good method is to add a limited boost cathode bypass cap to an unbypassed stage to add gain over a certain frequency range as this adds gain, a bit of volume and changes the tone a little to differentiate it from the rhythm tone.
                            DCC Engineering. Custom Cabs and Effects.

Originally Posted by -Assy-

Okay I summed up this entire thread in three posts. Let's go home and beat our children.

Comment

Why don't you use the volume knob on your guitar? Only noobs need lead boosts built in their amp.

Comment

Working...
                              X