Grilled chicken breast always too dry. What do differnt?

cap'n'crunch

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As we all know, Chicken breasts are the driest portion og the bird, so the first thingto do, might be to use some other cuts of chicken. Your other choice would be to cook them in a cover pot with seasonings and BBQ Sauce on the stove.

If that won't work, switch to Tri-tip,

• Members

I can cook a steak med.rare and juicy on the same gas grill. Chicken thighs and wings always come out good too but, I can't get boneless chicken breast right. Too dry. Any one have any good tips?

Put them in foil and wrap them tight with a splash of italian dressing on them. Cook them untilo you KNOW they are done all the way through and white meat no pink. They will come out so moist that you may want to eat them just like that. they will fall apart and into strings and be succulent. But...

I still like them grilled so I take them out of the foil at this point and sear some grill marks on both sides, maybe a minute each.

Thanks some good freakin chicken.

PS- Sprinkle some Mrs. Dash on them as they come out of the foil for a nice taste

• Members

I tend to prefer mine a bit on the dry side.

But you're most likely overcooking it. There's a lot of people who think the FDA meat temp guidelines for poultry are considerably too high.

I'm not one of them, I want that diseased {censored}er cooked THOROUGHLY before I bite into it...

You could try wrapping some bacon around it...:love:

• Members
I can cook a steak med.rare and juicy on the same gas grill. Chicken thighs and wings always come out good too but, I can't get boneless chicken breast right. Too dry. Any one have any good tips?

Gas grill? You're dead to me. And you're out of the will. :)

Archived