Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Les Paul 60s Tribute Gold Top

This guitar would be so much sweeter if it had arrived with candy. This is seriously messed up, both guitars I have bought through Sweetwater have not come with candy! Actually I feel like I got lucky with this. I checked the website and the Gold Tops were not listed. A quick call to my sales rep and he found they had 2 left in stock.

Sorry for the crappy pics but she looks nice and plays nice. Cannot wait to get some heavier gauge strings on her tonight and plug her into the amp. I still cannot get over how light these are. This guitar makes my American Standard Strat feel heavy!

Good Dealings with: LoFiBrian, 23cicero, Keebz, O'Rourke, PBomber22, cadillacman, chuckmehh, FXR, Jesse G, lank81

BlueStrat: I have to laugh when people will pay $1.69 for a bottle of Pepsi, 3 bucks for a latte or $1.39 for a frigging candy bar but a song they can own, listen to, learn and keep for years is too much at 99 cents.

http://www.myspace.com/dalisllama

Beautimus
    Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
    Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
    Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
    ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

Gorgeous

Comment

Awesome! Love me some gold tops.
        BC Rich Deluxe Jr. V w/ EMG's
        Ibanez RG3EX1 w/ Blackouts
        Yamaha Acoustic
        Peavey 5150 Signature Head
        Vader 2X12
        Misc Pedals & Effects

Comment

That is sweet! I often thought of getting one, and ripping out the pick-ups for some 496R/500T's!
          Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus - Cherry SunburstGibson Les Paul Standard Translucent AmberRandall Diavlo RD45HMesa Boogie Single Rectifier(2) Mesa Boogie Thiele 1x12'sMXR Wylde ODMXR Black Label ChorusMXR 10-Band EQBoss DD-3Hardwire RV-7 ReverbISP Decimator

Comment

want
            ORANGE AMPS
            Good Deals

Winner "Best Multi-Amp Rig" 2012 BOTR

Originally Posted by Sex Panther

I never called myself "Love Panther" or "Commitment Panther".

Formerly known as Dolflundgren

Comment

Thanks all. She is a beauty for sure. I should be working right now but can't stop playing her. I feel like a friggin monster on bends with the light gauge strings that came on it. Of course working from home, no one knows or cares what I do as long as all my work gets done. I am thinking of getting some chrome pickup covers for her but not sure.
              Good Dealings with: LoFiBrian, 23cicero, Keebz, O'Rourke, PBomber22, cadillacman, chuckmehh, FXR, Jesse G, lank81

BlueStrat: I have to laugh when people will pay $1.69 for a bottle of Pepsi, 3 bucks for a latte or $1.39 for a frigging candy bar but a song they can own, listen to, learn and keep for years is too much at 99 cents.

Comment

sex
                Don't hate the game - hate the player!

Comment

Nice one!

I'm actually kinda interested in a 60s Tribute SG, not sure though.

BTW, is that a 1-piece mahagony back?

Comment

Congrats on the score! I'm jealous a bit because they didn't put the pointers on my guitar.
                    I dig my Goldtop tribute a lot. Have mine strung with Ernie Ball Rock-N-Roll nickels. Plays and sounds awesome.

Love my Les Pauls!
                    Good Deals: Draco.Aran, maxisnotdead, ontariomaximus, guitarbilly74, brianwahl, sparky1358, vash_08, noiseannoys, ztevin, bonz69, keiffer, rrancani,whiteyanderson,wfojon, co&cafan808, 51504life, PatrickF, thisismeimhome, joepod, TomCray, Hand Amputation

Comment

BTW, is that a 1-piece mahagony back?

It is a two piece back but they blend together really nice. Hard to tell unless you hold it just right.

Comment

Congrats on the score! I'm jealous a bit because they didn't put the pointers on my guitar.
                        I dig my Goldtop tribute a lot. Have mine strung with Ernie Ball Rock-N-Roll nickels. Plays and sounds awesome.

Love my Les Pauls!

Comment

Love my Les Pauls!

Holy ****************! I want both! What is that burst?

Comment

So hot! The only Gibson that has ever given me GAS.
                            Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

Rocking the spandex AND the depends!

Comment

Holy ****************! I want both! What is that burst?

Was guitar of the week #33 from the run in 07. It's designated a Les Paul Classic Antique. Has a chambered body, Mahogany top, 57 and 57+ pickups, and a flat finish that isn't sticky or poorly done like most of the faded models. I'm a sucker for plain top Les Pauls, like them way more than flames. Best guitar I've ever owned. I figured it would be overly dark without the maple top but it's not.
                              Good Deals: Draco.Aran, maxisnotdead, ontariomaximus, guitarbilly74, brianwahl, sparky1358, vash_08, noiseannoys, ztevin, bonz69, keiffer, rrancani,whiteyanderson,wfojon, co&cafan808, 51504life, PatrickF, thisismeimhome, joepod, TomCray, Hand Amputation

Comment

Working...
                              X