its late, and im confused about ohms.

VTM

• Members

1:30 am, and im sitting here wondering about my marshall 3310 and my 1960B..amp says 2x16, 2x8, and 1x4..its solid state and i know it will only have less power if its not on 4ohms, but is it safe to run my 16ohm 1960B cab? or should i rewire it to 4 ohms?

• Members

i know its beating a dead horse, but i cant seem to find a "definitive" answer and i havent had a solid state in a long time..im pretty sure its fine it just confuses me when it only has the 2x16..can i plug in just one? basically all im asking. im pretty sure i remember hearing that as long as it was greater than 4 ohms load, it was fine ( i.e. 8 ohms, 16 ohms, or in my case, i think 32 ohms?)

• Members

From the solid states I have dealt with they don't care as long as you don't go below the minimum. Usually 4 ohms. Just repeating what you wrote but that's what i know.

haha thats fine man, still reassuring..total effin brain fart tonight..the jacks are in parallel i assume so i dont know haha

• Members

so how many ohms will my 1960 be running at if the amps speaker jacks are parallel? im assuming (only two jacks on the amp, for all of these combos) the 1x4=4ohms, 2x8= 4 ohms, and 2x16= 8 ohms, but how many if i just plug in one 16ohm cab? 16 ohms? 32ohms? just curious

Archived