No announcement yet.

its late, and im confused about ohms.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its late, and im confused about ohms.

1:30 am, and im sitting here wondering about my marshall 3310 and my 1960B..amp says 2x16, 2x8, and 1x4..its solid state and i know it will only have less power if its not on 4ohms, but is it safe to run my 16ohm 1960B cab? or should i rewire it to 4 ohms?
    1965 Kalamazoo Model 1 w/10" weber
    Yamaha THR10
    Fender Strat
    Epi Les Paul
    PEDALZZZ

i know its beating a dead horse, but i cant seem to find a "definitive" answer and i havent had a solid state in a long time..im pretty sure its fine it just confuses me when it only has the 2x16..can i plug in just one? basically all im asking. im pretty sure i remember hearing that as long as it was greater than 4 ohms load, it was fine ( i.e. 8 ohms, 16 ohms, or in my case, i think 32 ohms?)
    Yamaha THR10
    Fender Strat
    Epi Les Paul
    PEDALZZZ

Comment

From the solid states I have dealt with they don't care as long as you don't go below the minimum. Usually 4 ohms. Just repeating what you wrote but that's what i know.

Comment

From the solid states I have dealt with they don't care as long as you don't go below the minimum. Usually 4 ohms. Just repeating what you wrote but that's what i know.

haha thats fine man, still reassuring..total effin brain fart tonight..the jacks are in parallel i assume so i dont know haha
        Yamaha THR10
        Fender Strat
        Epi Les Paul
        PEDALZZZ

Comment

is it safe to run my 16ohm 1960B cab?

Yes. Plug into one of the 16ohm outputs.
          Gibson Ibanez Diezel / Fender / Dan Hall

Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

This.

I couldn't have said it better.

Originally Posted by K-Bizzle

Yeah I'm with Abstract here...

Originally Posted by Bob Savage

I like your style, and attention to reason.

Originally Posted by TornadoOfSouls

Just don't buy it from Dewy / Musicians Friend.

Originally Posted by justcrash

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Great deals with: MHenson, Honkridge, Ledvedder, Rik-Guitarstudi, ***1776***, shane159, chriscnb, LA-Ü-RA, LoopQuantum, exafro, Silvervox325, EdgeOfDarkness, Ricky Bobby, Valtiel, Fretless, 100 watt...

Comment

Yes. Plug into one of the 16ohm outputs.

thanks man..yeah it got me because there is only two jacks, and above them it has all of the ohm possibilties listed, 1x4 2x8 and 2x16
            Yamaha THR10
            Fender Strat
            Epi Les Paul
            PEDALZZZ

Comment

so how many ohms will my 1960 be running at if the amps speaker jacks are parallel? im assuming (only two jacks on the amp, for all of these combos) the 1x4=4ohms, 2x8= 4 ohms, and 2x16= 8 ohms, but how many if i just plug in one 16ohm cab? 16 ohms? 32ohms? just curious
              Yamaha THR10
              Fender Strat
              Epi Les Paul
              PEDALZZZ

Comment

Just 16 ohms. If the other one isn't plugged in, the parallel circuit is bypassed and it just stays to 16 ohms.
                Gear:Charvel San Dimas Pink Panther w/ Screamin Demon and Custom CustomGibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMGsGibson Flying V w/ Duncan DistortionsFender MIM Strat w/ Texas Specials and PAF ProJackson RR-5 w/ Duncan JBsEpiphone Les Paul Classic w/ EMGSFender HM Strat w/ DiMarzio Evolution, YJM and Air Norton SSterling JP50 w/ Crunch Lab and LiquifireENGL Powerball v2Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier TremoverbMesa/Boogie 2x12Mesa/Boogie Recto 4x12

Comment

Working...
                X