VBNGD

knucklefux

• Members

as some of you may know, i acquired a new guitar recently. after many requests, demands, and death threats, i have finally succumbed to the pressure and present said new guitar forthwith.

ESP NT7, bitches :mad:

i was immediately displeased with the stock EMGs, so i installed a set of BKP aftermaths. they sounded great. after deciding to sell my LTD MH-417, i figured it would be a good idea to see if i liked the warpigs that were in it better in the ESP than i liked the aftermaths. the answer was a resounding YES. warpigs {censored} all over every other pickup i've tried, period. looking at the EQ, you wouldn't think that would be the case. it is.

so, i present you with my BKP warpig loaded ESP NT7. (please excuse {censored}ty cell phone pics. our camera took a dump, and my phone has a higher resolution than it did anyway)

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

and for any of you that are bouncing around the idea of a 1000 series LTD being "close enough" to an ESP, you're wrong. save a little more and get a FAR superior instrument.

that is all. :wave:

• Members

not dark at all...i think that the super high output makes them act almost like a boost. the EQ curve is decidedly bass heavy according the the BKP website, but to me they're very balanced and clear. there is a little more low end with them, but it's not as dominant as you would think.

the aftermaths kinda had a honky thing going on in the mids comparatively, but i was totally happy with them until i tried the warpigs.

• Members

yeah.. totally different echelon of build quality, fretwork, tone quality, comfort of neck, etc. Just everything was better in every way.

Worth the extra price tag vs the LTD IMO if you're looking for a solid reliable stage guitar or something that will simply be a main axe for a real working musician. The LTD, while certainly not bad at all, I would say would be a solid beater for backup duty in comparison.

Archived