Anybody ever replace speakers in a G-Flex 2-12

cdstrings

• Members

I did. :wave: I swapped them out for G12T-75's which really brightened up that cab over the stock speakers.

I'm not a fan of Texas Heats by themselves, IMO they sound much better in a 4x12 X-Pattern with darker speakers like the V12 Legends.

I still have not tried Swamp Thangs yet. :(

• Members
I did.
:wave:
I swapped them out for G12T-75's which really brightened up that cab over the stock speakers.

I'm not a fan of Texas Heats by themselves, IMO they sound much better in a 4x12 X-Pattern with darker speakers like the V12 Legends.

I still have not tried Swamp Thangs yet.
:(

Aren't the stock speakers in the G-Flex suppose to be voiced similar to the G12t-75's?

• Members

I have 2 G-Flex cabs, one with Swamp Thangs and one with Wizards. I think they are a great improvement over stock, and I didn't think the stock speakers were bad.

Of the 2, Swamp Thangs are my fav. The Wizards can get a bit bright with Marshalls.

• Members

I used celestion G12H-100's (pre k-100 english made speakers) with great results. The stock speakers seemed scooped like a T75 and i found myself getting lost in the mix. Great cab with a good speaker change. I'd consider a swamp thang but make sure the other speaker you pair it with makes up for what the swamp thing lacks... :thu:

• Members

I'll be the odd man out here, I put a pair of Eminence Governor's in my 2x12 G-flex and thought they sounded like poo. I personally like the stock g-flex speakers as well as anything I have ever tried. By the way according to genz benz they are the closest to the legend v12's for the record. Since it's the ported cab it will make speakers sound a bit different than they do in other cabs. Other than with a 5150 I have liked my G-flex 4x12 and 2x12 the best of anything I have ever used with the following amps:

Peavey JSX
Peavey XXX
Genz Benz El Diablo
Blackstar ht-100
Mesa Dual Rectifier
Splawn Quickrod
Orange Tiny Terror
Engl Fireball

All of these sound really good with the 4x12 v30 cab I have as well but I really like the balanced sound of the g-flex.

• Members

How would the K100's do?

I've got a 212 and it's got a ton of bass...but I'm not 100% happy with it. I'm feeling like new speakers might change that.

I like dark/smooth with lots of bass.

I love K100s, but they did NOT work well in my buzzbomb. Not sure if it was just the buzzbomb or ported cabs in general that those speakers didnt like.

Archived