Tubemeister Question

chris49

• Members

hi guys, just a quick question. got a tubemeister just over a week ago, and i absolutely love it. with the sounds and the features this thing has, i highly reccomend it. The qestion is about the power soak. if i am only running on 1 or 5 watts over a very long period (talking about years of use), will this affect the amp/tubes at all? i.e. does running on 5 watts only use half the valves? and if so, what happens to the other half?

• Members

hi guys, just a quick question. got a tubemeister just over a week ago, and i absolutely love it. with the sounds and the features this thing has, i highly reccomend it. The qestion is about the power soak. if i am only running on 1 or 5 watts over a very long period (talking about years of use), will this affect the amp/tubes at all? i.e. does running on 5 watts only use half the valves? and if so, what happens to the other half?

You can't run 1/2 the tubes in a two-tube, push-pull power amp.

I'm guessing it's an attenuator/dummy-speaker-load by the way you can turn it all the way to "no output". (I'm also guessing they may see a trademark suit over the term "power soak," but I don't know if anyone is defending the old Rockman trademarks).

Tubes are consumable, they are designed to be replaced as they wear out. heat kills tubes, the harder and longer you push the power tubes, the more they wear out. Use the power soak when you like, don't fret over tube life. The tubes will wear out when they wear out, it would be impossible to calculate the effect your future use will make.

• Members

If you have the time please upload a demo/clips. Many people are interested in this amp, myself included.

Archived