This is Jake E. Lee?

Crunchtime

• Members

sounded like he tried to use the whammy bar too much, had to play most of the song out of tune, sounded like {censored}, and then it made his playing exponentially worse.

Yeah, those old SGs with vibrola and original tuners are a {censored}ing nightmare to keep in tune...and that's even when not touching the vibrola.

• Members

old clip is old.

BTW, that's not his gig, he just sat in & played on a friend's gear. Also if you learn the right way (Jake's way) of playing Shot in the dark, it's a wierd tuning that I am sure he never tunes to, so he's trying to cop it in standard.

It wasn't a surprise he was playing there. Almost certain to have brought his own gear given he is pictured with that same guitar in a couple shots. Cheers, Lucius

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139201352763652

• Members

Not going to watch that. Shot in the Dark and Bark at the Moon are my two favorite non-Randy tracks from Ozzy.

I was just going to say the exact same thing except I prefer them to anything with Randy. Yeah I said it, and I meant it. Jake also had far better tone than Randy.

Also, for what it's worth, I heard a few years back that Jake was pretty much destitute, living in a motel in LA with a severe junk habit. If he's actually still alive, and playing again, it's a positive development.

• Members

Fantastick hard rocking with dirty blues mixed in for winsauce -- this is from the debut CD after he left Ozzy and formed Badlands around 1989, the CD is a MONSTER CD! They have 1 CD of basic 'outakes' (Dusk) and that kicks ass as well!
:thu:

:rawk:

You know Ray is dead right? That's a good a reason as any not to try and re-create this band...

• Members
You know Ray is dead right? That's a good a reason as any not to try and re-create this band...

Yea he died about 15 years ago or so i think

Where did i say to re-create the band?? -- All i said was the 1st CD from Badlands (after Ozzy) was a monster CD and also that the outakes/jam CD (Dusk) is also killer as well

:confused:

• Members

Yea he died about 15 years ago or so i think

Where did i say to re-create the band?? -- All i said was the 1st CD from Badlands (after Ozzy) was a monster CD and also that the outakes/jam CD (Dusk) is also killer as well

:confused:

I mis-read it :-)

I love Badlands, so much win! m/

• Members

Its sad to see him fall as far as he has. I read that he blew most if not all of his money on drugs, particularly meth. Sold all his guitar gear for drugs, too. I believe now he lives outside Vegas in a trailer with a stripper/girlfriend. IIRC there was some discussion on here about it not too long ago . . .

Archived