X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Jake E. Lee?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYJ5_ulfy0I&feature=player_embedded

Just saw this vid of Jake playing a dive bar to about 10 people with a group called 3 Day Crush. Seems to be a 3 piece and I can't tell if the drummer/singer is a dude, chick, or shemale. I hope Jake was rusty because his chops are not to impressive here.
    Rivera K-Tre
    Randall T2

Carvin, Gibson, ESP

Good deals with: Shredtilurded, Juggernaut, Guillatool1( x2 ), MatrixClaw, CRANK,Clonexx, Chris the Asian, Slav123, lfrz93, ldonnell89, Khoifish321, bankboy, JJPSGAK, DTorg, jdr94, Yo_Squig, coolblues309, samthinguy, MorgMetal666, Uberthrall, Duke318, Harris, Katana, mctallica1, JerEvil, GuidanceofSin, phreddy, O'Rourke, Toshiro, the4thlast1, aywilson, shask, NeoAngelo, TomCray, scottcrud,sdgails, GibsonVMan, 100 watt

Seriously, how the **************** can people STILL not embed videos?

And yeah, it's sad to see how far such a great player and writer has fallen.
    Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like ******************** then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like ********************.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

Yup, I wished I hadn't seen that. Cheers, Lucius
      Good transactions with: Brewski, gtpfbod, Xenoanthropus, wassupg,NickCormier, Ben J , Skyhighrocks, JonathanD, gooman, UVguy, Rho, Erocku, warplanegrey, exilea, Jerryp, Mogwai, thefyn, guitarslinger, Mr Scary, madrigal77,Dark Aegis, a few others that have slipped my mind.

FS: Mesa Dual Rec - SOLD! To the man with the big green shoes!

Comment

Heart breaking actually. Jake was a monster player that never really got the credit he was due IMHO.
        Mesa/Boogie Mob

AMT Army-Lt. Colonel AnGuS

Clips (Click Me):

For Good Transactions Click Me

BRO CLUB: Member

Comment

Not going to watch that. Shot in the Dark and Bark at the Moon are my two favorite non-Randy tracks from Ozzy.

Comment

sounded like he tried to use the whammy bar too much, had to play most of the song out of tune, sounded like ****************, and then it made his playing exponentially worse.

Comment

sounded like he tried to use the whammy bar too much, had to play most of the song out of tune, sounded like ****************, and then it made his playing exponentially worse.

Yeah, those old SGs with vibrola and original tuners are a ****************ing nightmare to keep in tune...and that's even when not touching the vibrola.
              From first to last
              The peak is never passed
              Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes
              One moment's high, and glory rolls on by
              Like a streak of lightning
              That flashes and fades in the summer sky

"my gear list"
              -GMW Superstrat
              -Ibanez RG3120
              -LTD M2

"You can take the man out of the 80's, but you can't take the 80's out of the man" - Paul Gilbert

Comment

old clip is old.

BTW, that's not his gig, he just sat in & played on a friend's gear. Also if you learn the right way (Jake's way) of playing Shot in the dark, it's a wierd tuning that I am sure he never tunes to, so he's trying to cop it in standard.
                Spam: shipped to lower 48 only, MO & Cashiers check or Paypal gift no spam today shipped conusGood trans : Dominick, Bass_n_Drums, Gitfiddler, cobrahead1030, STEEL KAGE, 17 Tubes, cursed1, Moshaholic, tele0507, Dangles ct, Assumer, Yabba, Jopop, Troublehead, detunedman, tsunamijesus, Norton666, SkyHighRocks, archers6, Billcheckrules, Juggernaut.

Comment

why would you bother using an exotic tuning for a ****************ing song like that?

Comment

Fantastick hard rocking with dirty blues mixed in for winsauce -- this is from the debut CD after he left Ozzy and formed Badlands around 1989, the CD is a MONSTER CD! They have 1 CD of basic 'outakes' (Dusk) and that kicks ass as well!

***Another USA Charvel SO-Cal Soon Tangerine 4 sale***
                    ^^ Good deals with Glizard (ADA), electricdreams (Vetta) Fat Lou (Splawn) Tubesteakfortone (Marshall 3203, Riot pedal) agreed (Hafler-Radial) twisty571 (Mosvalve 962) Orbis Mortis (egnater) ~Abstract~ (JC amp) jn062181 (AXE - FX) ^^

PS -- I am the proud owner of the 1,000,000 post EVER on the HC amp forum 7/28/2006..

Comment

why would you bother using an exotic tuning for a ****************ing song like that?

I makes it easier to play & sounds much more "chunkier"

I believe the tuning is -

Tuning: F Bb Db Gb Bb Eb (low to high)
                      Spam: shipped to lower 48 only, MO & Cashiers check or Paypal gift no spam today shipped conusGood trans : Dominick, Bass_n_Drums, Gitfiddler, cobrahead1030, STEEL KAGE, 17 Tubes, cursed1, Moshaholic, tele0507, Dangles ct, Assumer, Yabba, Jopop, Troublehead, detunedman, tsunamijesus, Norton666, SkyHighRocks, archers6, Billcheckrules, Juggernaut.

Comment

Wow.

Anyway, it looks like he is rocking one of those Carvin Belair 2-12s. Don't see too many of those around here.
                        Diddlybo
                        -----------------------------------------------
                        Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
                        My current amp selection:
                        Carr Slant6V, Allen Accomplice, Rivera R-30 Thirty-twelve, Fender ChampII, Tech21 Trademark 10

Good HCAF transactions with hal9000, guitup, Anibas and ARS.

Comment

I dint think it was that bad....ive heard worse. LOTS worse.

Jake E Mutha****************ing Lee FTW!
                          '12 Carvin DC800
                          '08 Loomis FR EMG 707's
                          ---
                          Splawn Quickrod EL34's (Purple)
                          AxeFX Ultra
                          ART SLA-2

http://www.youtube.com/aconstantbattle
                          ---
                          Super Sexy Splawn Society

Comment

old clip is old.

BTW, that's not his gig, he just sat in & played on a friend's gear. Also if you learn the right way (Jake's way) of playing Shot in the dark, it's a wierd tuning that I am sure he never tunes to, so he's trying to cop it in standard.

It wasn't a surprise he was playing there. Almost certain to have brought his own gear given he is pictured with that same guitar in a couple shots. Cheers, Lucius
                            https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139201352763652
                            Good transactions with: Brewski, gtpfbod, Xenoanthropus, wassupg,NickCormier, Ben J , Skyhighrocks, JonathanD, gooman, UVguy, Rho, Erocku, warplanegrey, exilea, Jerryp, Mogwai, thefyn, guitarslinger, Mr Scary, madrigal77,Dark Aegis, a few others that have slipped my mind.

FS: Mesa Dual Rec - SOLD! To the man with the big green shoes!

Comment

Love me some Jake E Lee...it's a crying shame he's stuck playing places like that.
                              SPAM (paypal, shipped and insured to lwr48):

N'OWT!

Originally Posted by NICE47

**************** and mother****************ing tits, I kind of just want some mother****************ing clips

Comment

Working...
                              X