No announcement yet.

Help - no sound coming out from my Splawn Quickrod and Marshall Jubilee

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - no sound coming out from my Splawn Quickrod and Marshall Jubilee

My Splawn Quickrod and Marshall Jubilee have both suddenly stopped working. I have turned them on, both of them looks fine, all tubes lighted up, just no sound coming out, and dead slient. You guys have any ideas what might caused the problem?

Thanks

• LesPaulCustom79
    replied
    Have you had your power tubes checked to make sure one or two have not blown up? Power tubes can actually light up but still be bad and have low plate voltage. A bad power tube will definitely break the output circuit.

Leave a comment:

• almightycrunch
    replied
    hmmmm, were you using both of these amps with the same cabinet when they were both working???? not at the same time, but using the same cabinet????? you might wanna get out a multimeter and read the impedence of the cabinet, you may have a problem there that you did not know about.

Leave a comment:

• EdgeOfDarkness
    replied
    You need to check it with a meter. Sometimes they can look fine and still be bad.

Leave a comment:

• ampwhore
    replied
    The qr will still turn on with a blown ht fuse.

erm..I have checked it too, it "looks" fine to me, I can still see that wire inside the fuse.

Leave a comment:

• EdgeOfDarkness
    replied
    The qr will still turn on with a blown ht fuse.

Leave a comment:

• ampwhore
    replied
    erm...nah not using the loop at all, I have bypassed it.

Leave a comment:

• THEE HAMMER
    replied
    Hit them with a hammer, if that don't work get a bigger hammer.

If that fails send them to me.

Leave a comment:

• DEADBYDAWN
    replied
    If you are using the loop in the qr a cable might not be in the jack all the way.....

Leave a comment:

• ampwhore
    replied
    erm...I haven't turned the Jubilee on for about two months and it was working fine before that. The Quickrod I did use it frequently without any problems. But the amps can still be on with a blown fuse?

Leave a comment:

• ShaneV2
    replied
    yep tried everything. Should the the amps themsleves. Coz I tried my other amps with the same cables/cab etc. and worked fine.

That is weird. Is it possible that both amps were in use at the same time during some event that might have lead to blown fuses?

Leave a comment:

• ampwhore
    replied
    yep tried everything. Should the the amps themsleves. Coz I tried my other amps with the same cables/cab etc. and worked fine.

Leave a comment:

• Bumhucker
    replied
    Hit them with a hammer, if that don't work get a bigger hammer.

Leave a comment:

• ShaneV2
    replied
    Have you tried different speaker cables, instrument cables, cabs and guitars?

Leave a comment:

• ej
    replied
    Have you tried different cabs?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X