** Official HCAF Skyrim Thread **

FastRedPonyCar

• Members

Gentlemen... Friday marks the end of my social life as I know it.

I sunk endless hours into morrowind, oblivion, all the DLC/expansions and countless more into the 3rd party quests/mods.

I've got my copy of skyrim preordered at amazon with the 99 cent game release date delivery and the full color hard back prima guide preordered from overstock.com for $24 shipped.

I have literally never been this excited for a new game release in my life. :lol:

[video=youtube;PjqsYzBrP-M]

My trusty steed awaits: i7 @ 4 gHz, 6 gigs ram, pair of 470gtx's clocked to 480gtx speeds, crucial SSD.

BUe5s.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i won't be ready this week. have game in progress plus pc bites & upgrade dollars went bye-bye. sadly, i'll probably end up playing it on 360.

hope its possible to get through the main quest & get the major gist of the game in 20hrs or so. Asking for trouble getting this game though, i'm sure

it will be a major time simk.

• Members

I seriously need to get this for the 360. Problem is, I never finished
Oblivion, Fallout 3
or any other shooter I have tried.

[raising hand]. i did finish the main fallout 3 quest, but tons left undone (esp. the main expansion). these games are sooo fricking long. with oblivion i got to the point of saying 'why am i doing the same thing over & over', finally said {censored} it & pulled the disk.

• Members

I will be buying this.

I just bought morrowind and all of the expansions. Can anyone give me the best mods for it before I start playing it? Mostly looking for level fixes and that other stuff, like Oscuros for Oblivion (basically makes the game harder and more enjoyable, IMO).

Will be playing it on an Asus G73jh. I7, HD5870, yadda yadda super gaming device.

• Members

Too bad the world will explode from an asteroid hitting it before this game comes out.
:o

LOL WAT? all the stores selling the game already have it. they just can't put it on the shelves until friday. There are a lot of guys playing the 360 version that they got early somehow from these stores. PC version has to activate through steam so it's still locked down.

Here's a great early review. click the pictures of the article to enlarge the pages.

http://gamingeverything.com/11519/first-review-of-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-is-in/?pid=7039

• Members

I said this in another thread...if I get Vampirism in this game, I'm going on a shooting spree. And Bethesda Soft is only about 30 mins away. :).

That is complete hyperbole btw, but that ruined Oblivion for me, when I got it the 2nd time. What the fuck were they thinking with that whole thing??

I got the 360 version, but I have to say, the PC version will look awesome. I have just enough hp in this rig to be alright with the PC version--i5, 8gb, 460GTX--but certainly not enough to go crazy with it. Might be time to buy another 460.

FRPC, have you had any trouble running those 2 cards? I know back a few years ago, there were some issues with the whole SLI thing. I tried it at one point, but there seemed to be a lot of individual game issues that made me bag it after a while.

• Members

I said this in another thread...if I get Vampirism in this game, I'm going on a shooting spree. And Bethesda Soft is only about 30 mins away.
:)

That is complete hyperbole btw, but that ruined Oblivion for me, when I got it the 2nd time. What the fuck were they thinking with that whole thing??

I got the 360 version, but I have to say, the PC version will look awesome. I have just enough hp in this rig to be alright with the PC version--i5, 8gb, 460GTX--but certainly not enough to go crazy with it. Might be time to buy another 460.

FRPC, have you had any trouble running those 2 cards? I know back a few years ago, there were some issues with the whole SLI thing. I tried it at one point, but there seemed to be a lot of individual game issues that made me bag it after a while.

No SLI works pretty much flawlessly on every game I've tried (most every game worth playing, certainly all the big name games)

As far as character alterations go in skyrim, would you be opposed to sayyyy turning into something a bit hairier? :D

Archived