Recommend me some Rum...

FearTheVoices

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me and my room mate invented a new drink over the summer, we call it "the abyss". Take one shot of white rum (Captain Morgan), pour it into a tall glass. Then take a bottle (or can) of Bud Light, pour it into the glass. Enjoy.

When I drink rum, I drink Sailor Jerry. I very rarely drink rum, though.

• Members

Seriously, I'm a rum freak, you're seriously missing out if you don't try the Flor de Cana 12, or if you're feeling like dropping some money, the 18.

From the Rum Howler blog...

Flor de Cana Centenario 12yr Old Rum 97pts

a review by Chip Dykstra (Aka Arctic Wolf)

Posted October 2009

flor-de-cana-centrenario-12.jpg?w=300&h=

In the Bottle: (4.0/5)

The design of the bottle although adequate does not serve to impress. I also believe a sleeve should be used to protect the more expensive spirits from the light. and a cork would be nice instead of the plastic screw top.

In the Glass: (9.5/10)

Oh my goodness, nuts and honey

• Members

on the cheaper side: kraken, cpt morgan tattoo (for putting in coke), cpt morgan private stock (i sip that {censored}...so good
:love:
)

mt. gay and tonics are awesome too. if you can be a man about it
:cop:

Cpt Morgan Tattoo already tastes like coke to me strait out of the bottle. It just gets completely lost when you mix it, which is great if your a {censored} and don't want to taste the rum, but I like my rum and coke to actually taste like a rum and coke.

• Members

Sorry guys and I hate to say this but you really don't know {censored} about rum. Flor de Cana is the only decent rum mentioned and Pyrat is pure {censored}. Mount Gay is good for rum rum and cokes. The top of the line special reserve Matusalem is a better rum. But the best rums come from Martinique. The VERY best rum I know is Clement 1952, but its price has gone from exceptionally expensive to insane beyond belief. Even Clement 1976 is about $200/bottle when it used to be $40. Other fine rums are St. James Hors d'Age, 1979 and 1982. Trois Rivieres 1979 is another great rum. Clement's 6, 10, and 15 year old rums and their best Cuvee are all fabulous rums. If you really want fine rums, the best come from Martinique, distilled and aged like fine cognac or scotch. They are called Rhum Vieux, Old Rum

Archived