Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, 8-string are only for uberdowntuned djent?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I hate people that make that "metal" complaint about 8 strings. Its like just because every metal band you've ever heard only chugged the low e, doesn't mean that everyone that buys an 8 string is gonna chug that 8th string. People are retarded.

Comment

Someone should really make a 8 or 9 string hollow body jazz guitar.

Comment

Even jazzers are openminded about more strings:

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

7-string guitars were actually made popular by jazz players first
          Harmony-Central: Holy War, frankencat, Wheeler004, Coach, rockitsauce, VinnyH, EdgeOfDarkness, ZCT423, datratbastud, applecakes1207, bridrive55, Crunchtime, buffbiff21, surfn748, rbasaria
          Rig-Talk: kurtsstuff, Ampaddict, Jeff Hilligan, 80's metal, Motorpud, moltenmetalburn, ::fred::
          TGP: ccrouch14, shred-dog, UConnjack, Gasp100

Black Water Guitars Custom Double II 7-String | RAN Crusher FF8

Comment

Charlie Hunter's been playing jazz on fan-fretted 8 strings since before djent had a name.

Comment

Awesome !!!!
              my website - free licks - some of my music

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype in different styles. Send me a PM if interested.

check out my EP 'Sonic Sketches'

Comment

Charlie Hunter's been playing jazz on fan-fretted 8 strings since before djent had a name.

Charlie Hunter's Novax is technically speaking not an 8 string guitar, but a guitar/bass hybrid, where the two low strings are true bass strings with their own bass pickup/circuit
                If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

Jazz guys were also the first to experiment with 7. You can never have enough range for those guys
                  Hot Hot Robot - New EP coming soon!

7/9 - Ace Bar, Chicago IL
                  8/18 - Millennium Park, Chicago IL

From experience, I know Thunderbroom, thinkpad20, & phatgirl to be highly competent businesspeople of integrity.

Comment

the difference between a 7 and 8 string is that is possible to make a 7 string have BALLS
                    Once you go beyond that it just sounds like mushy ****************
                    Member of the Super Awesome Les Paul VM Owners Club!
                    Dann's the Man Gmajor thread
                    Gmajor FCB Setup guide prt1
                    Gmajor FCB Setup guide prt2
                    Problems with Gmajors wheels? click here!

er of the -fx and the JVM

Comment

that had some djenty moments
                      Originally Posted by Yarbicus

I love you.

Originally Posted by Yarbicus

I STILL love you!

Originally Posted by CountGrishnackh

I know that bag. I know it well. Liquor store pron. He ain't dead yet!

Official Traverser Reverbnation
                      Youtube
                      Soundcloud

Comment

I'm not hearing any. Unless having a rhythm that's not all eight notes counts as djent now.

But then Motley Crue would be djent.
                        | Destination : Destruction | Kalmanväki | Luujauho | Clips | Youtube | Gear |

Comment

the difference between a 7 and 8 string is that is possible to make a 7 string have BALLS
                          Once you go beyond that it just sounds like mushy ****************

User error

Comment

More Djent is played on 8 strings than cool music.
                            More metal is played on 7 strings than jazz.

You will find some exceptions.
                            " "Best toan in teh land" - champion

Good Buyers/Sellers :Mikenothing , SirKonks,Dimebag11 x2,Dropped_2_c,Boris the Blade,thefyn,MrSandman,Gabe15,GuidanceOfSin,shane1 59 X2,Mparsons,rabott13,warplangrey,iamthearm, SkyHighRocks,RobotBodiesBFF,Tu Be x2,IanDOL,Fridgit,Jim Ansell ,GutterMouth,LionHeaRT07 ,Zao X2,m3at,Bluesman001,Khoifish321,thinkpad20,vangkm, juice,phatgirl,Trembulant,knope , Knucklefux, pfapin,rareguitar,donsimon76, again with this, Jerry Dyer, eagertokill,rugbyguitargod

Comment

More Djent is played on 8 strings than cool music.
                              More metal is played on 7 strings than jazz.

You will find some exceptions.

I don't really know 100% what the heck "djent" actually is. I only have a vague idea...
                              But if Meshuggah for example is considered "djent" (and I think it is) then that IS cool music!
                              my website - free licks - some of my music

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype in different styles. Send me a PM if interested.

check out my EP 'Sonic Sketches'

Comment

Here is my acoustic 8 string. I am finishing up a video of an arrangement of Rush Subdivisions that I will post in the next day or two.

Breathe in for ten seconds. Breathe out for ten seconds. Repeat for ten minutes.
                                Current Amps: Vetta, Univox U45B, Roland Microcube, Fender Princeton Clone
                                Past amps: Carvin Belair and Legacy, Mark IV, Randall RM-4, Peavey Transformer, Mesa F-50, Mesa Road King II
                                Great transactions with: shredder75, STEEL KAGE, yngzaklynch

CA Insurance complaint study: http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0100-con...tudy/index.cfm

Comment

Working...
                                X