Jim Beam FTL

Ovid9

• Members

So....yeah, you all prolly knew this. My handy supply of cheap mixing Canadian Mist was running low so I swung by the local supermarket (Krogers) to snag some more.

A 1.75L of Jim Beam was like $17...$19? Below $20, so I figure, eh, its for mixing, this should be fine, its not like Canadian Mist is all that great.

Do they drop a piece of charred wood in every barrel because this {censored} tastes like smoked meat.

Ok, maybe not smoked meat, but smoked whiskey. And that's after its in the coke (ok, Cola Oh, I'm a cheap bastard, shut up).

Anyway, long bitch short, bought handle of Jim Beam to mix, tastes like {censored} and have pretty much the whole bottle to go. :( This is after getting raped by a 6 pack of Guinness Black Lager. :cry:

:p

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The {censored} is it with people being cheap with their drinks on here?

Spend a few dollars more for Jack and actually be able to finish a bottle.

Well, its my mixing whiskey. I figured it didn't matter. {censored}, it matters. :cry:

• Members

Ok

ok.

I can't choose my favorite of the two.... Jack (black label) or MM?

Jack is easier to chug by and far.

but/....

TBH I'm not a huge fan of Jack. Its at least ok as a mixer, but...I'd choose most other whiskey's I've had (which isn't all that many) over it. However, it {censored}s all over Jim Beam and then rubs Jim's face in it while calling it names.

• Members

TBH I'm not a huge fan of Jack. Its at least ok as a mixer, but...I'd choose most other whiskey's I've had (which isn't all that many) over it. However, it {censored}s all over Jim Beam and then rubs Jim's face in it while calling it names.

For Reference in the Hammer Hierarchy of booze

Good Moonshine>Fine Scotch>Stoli' Elit'>Wild Turkey> Jack/MM>Crown>Captain Morgan>Jaeger>Then all the {censored} stuff like Jim, Red stag, aristokrat, dickel....etc....

• Members

HCAF's resident n00b indeed...

;)

Screw you! :p

Hey, I didn't drink til I was 21, I got like...ok I don't have any catching up to do now, but if I was like 25 I would dammit!

Damn I'm old. :cry:

I had a point with this....I don't remember it though.

OOOHHHHHHH. Wait! I do. For some reason when I bought this I had it confused with Soco, which while not whiskey and only 30% abv or so is at least mixable. Yeah, that doesn't help my case does it? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Members

I understand I fail. It still tasted like {censored}.

I'll try a little over ice sometime.

*hangs sign saying "Fail" around neck*

And yeah, I should've just gone for some Kraken. Le sigh.

edit: I do at least know Canadian Mist isn't bourbon. Its blended whiskey so I always used it as a mixer.

Archived