Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Amp For Home. Highest Quality?

Model/year suggestions? Thinking of Fender sound. Something small gotta be tube. Clean is a must, even if it is old as the hills must look like new. A Fender smaller than a 1-12". I keep thinking about a Champ. I don't see them and so don't have a chance to choose between something familiar. I am not around all the different models to compare. So looking for suggestions!

Yep, you got it right. Get the Champ.
    http://www.guitarampboard.comLike my band on FB: http://www.facebook.com/thefew1All prices include shipping to ConUS.

Comment

Definitely a Champ.

Comment

Why does it have to look good? Is it going to sit in your living room or something?

'70s Silverface Champs can be had for relatively cheap all day long.
        Gibson Les Paul Traditional
        Warmoth Custom Soloist
        Ibanez S370
        Gibson SG Special
        '77 Marshall JMP 2203
        http://www.myspace.com/sonicimages
        --------

Originally Posted by RaceU4her

i have 12,000+ posts at HCAF, of course im a ****************ing tone guru

Comment

Champ is a good choice, but there are other options. Check out Victoria or Swart. I'd probably be a good idea to ask this question over at TGP instead.
          Guitars: Godin Session CB, Larrivee D-05, Ibanez RG, Hagstrom Swede
          Amps/Cabs: Fargen Miniplex MKII, Egnater Tweaker, Fender Mustang III, Mills Afterburner 4x12

Good deals: Dimebag11, guitarslinger, ThePunisherTF, Wayne87mott, Kev324, zack, alaskaehlers, c2ply, ak37, droptrd, dboy5150, dropthisd, rbasaria, Shooto, Jon Hiller, DoubleBarrel, BabyDaddy, Edge11, bdhn, the gunslinger

"Hi, I'm Yesterday...and today I am looking for Tomorrow"- Maina

Comment

Vibro Champ
            "It's all sratched up, Zuzu"Your wattage may vary

Comment

if you want good looking, just go buy a pro jr. or something. if you want good sounding, good looking, and old, prepare to be seated in the face down position monetarily.

Comment

wrong forum.

http://www.decoratingforum.com.au/mainpage.php
                (Personal footnote: I'm 56, and a lot of things don't work so great anymore. The wrist is one example. Another is my Johnson, which doesn't fire up like it used to. Sometimes it hardly works at all. A year ago it actually backfired. The guy at the outboard motor repair shop where I bring it says this is common with an old Johnson.)

Comment

Yea because Champs are known for their awesome cleans.

My suggestion if it has to have smaller than a 12" speaker Fender and decent cleans would be a Princeton Reverb. If it has to look new make it a reissue.
                  Originally Posted by DToad:

Lets face it- today's GOP is all about the richest one percent exploiting the dumbest fifty percent.

Comment

Super Champ XD maybe if you want effects on board.
                    Guitars:
                    -Fender Wayne's World 2 Stratocaster w/Fat '50s pickups
                    -Fender Blacktop Jaguar HH
                    Amps:
                    -Fender Champion 110 w/Lil' Buddy
                    -Fender Princeton 112 Plus w/Red White and Blues
                    -Crate Palomino V8
                    Effects:
                    -Way Huge Swollen Pickle Jumbo Fuzz
                    -Pro Co You Dirty Rat Distortion
                    -MXR Carbon Copy Delay

Comment

Mustang. Glue some tubes to it and pretend they are working.
                      Honestly...this is not music... it is hatred and self loathing expressed with loudness.

Comment

Mustang. Glue some tubes to it and pretend they are working.

lol. Honestly this is a good option for home use, the Mustang does very well at fender tones. Having built in fx/reverb and the ability to have the amount of drive you want at the volumes you want is a great advantage.
                        Guitars: Godin Session CB, Larrivee D-05, Ibanez RG, Hagstrom Swede
                        Amps/Cabs: Fargen Miniplex MKII, Egnater Tweaker, Fender Mustang III, Mills Afterburner 4x12

Good deals: Dimebag11, guitarslinger, ThePunisherTF, Wayne87mott, Kev324, zack, alaskaehlers, c2ply, ak37, droptrd, dboy5150, dropthisd, rbasaria, Shooto, Jon Hiller, DoubleBarrel, BabyDaddy, Edge11, bdhn, the gunslinger

"Hi, I'm Yesterday...and today I am looking for Tomorrow"- Maina

Comment

PRINCETON REVERB
                          - Adam

Comment

Thanks for the input everybody. Yep a piece of furniture for the den. If it looks great my wife is happy. If it sounds great I am happy. I hadn't thought about the Princeton.....good idea - 10" with reverb. So we have Champ and Princeton. How about years. They have gone through many phases and changes. Suggestions please! Thanks.

No back to one from the Champ family on second thought. I have a Vox AC30/TB and am thinking of something light and easy to lug if necessary. Would like opinions of what years or styles would offer the best of 'Classic Fender' sound.

Comment

Avoid the '80s-'90s 'Red knob' versions. They don't really sound like proper Champs.

If you can score one, the Rivera era ones from the early '80s are very good but also rather more expensive than their '70s Silverface counterparts. They emulate the blackface styling of the '60s.
                              Gibson Les Paul Traditional
                              Warmoth Custom Soloist
                              Ibanez S370
                              Gibson SG Special
                              '77 Marshall JMP 2203
                              http://www.myspace.com/sonicimages
                              --------

Originally Posted by RaceU4her

i have 12,000+ posts at HCAF, of course im a ****************ing tone guru

Comment

Working...
                              X