NGOLD (New Guitar On Layaway Day)

BryanFTWL

• Members

I went to GC today to check out some non-humbucker guitars. I was primarily interested in Jazzmasters and the '60 Tribute LP Studios. I played a number of each, and a number of Teles.

I wasn't really too big on the Jazzmaster neck, couldn't find a Tele I really clicked with, and hated just about every of the Studio Tributes I played, until I picked up the ONLY one I hadn't played yet. Everyone says that you can go through a number of Gibsons, and just find that one that speaks to you. Well, that happened today.

After playing a goldtop with a darkback, a honeyburst with a dark back, a honeyburst with a wood back, a worn ebony, and a tobacco burst, I picked up a goldtop with a wood back. I plugged it in and played for a second, and I instantly was smiling ear-to-ear and loved everything about it. I couldn't get a sound out of it that I hated, and the guitar just, well, spoke to me. I decided I wasn't leaving there without knowing I would own that guitar.

I'll probably wait until right around Christmas to pick it up, since I was intending for it to be a Christmas present to myself, but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hold off.

Anyways, a picture I snapped:

20111129180748.jpg

Archived