Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGOLD (New Guitar On Layaway Day)

I went to GC today to check out some non-humbucker guitars. I was primarily interested in Jazzmasters and the '60 Tribute LP Studios. I played a number of each, and a number of Teles.

I wasn't really too big on the Jazzmaster neck, couldn't find a Tele I really clicked with, and hated just about every of the Studio Tributes I played, until I picked up the ONLY one I hadn't played yet. Everyone says that you can go through a number of Gibsons, and just find that one that speaks to you. Well, that happened today.

After playing a goldtop with a darkback, a honeyburst with a dark back, a honeyburst with a wood back, a worn ebony, and a tobacco burst, I picked up a goldtop with a wood back. I plugged it in and played for a second, and I instantly was smiling ear-to-ear and loved everything about it. I couldn't get a sound out of it that I hated, and the guitar just, well, spoke to me. I decided I wasn't leaving there without knowing I would own that guitar.

I'll probably wait until right around Christmas to pick it up, since I was intending for it to be a Christmas present to myself, but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hold off.

Anyways, a picture I snapped:
    Fender Highway One Telecaster | Squier Telecaster | Squier Stratocaster | LTD EC-600
    Vox AC30CC2

Positive Transactions

Awesome man. Like I told ya before, jelly.
    Guitars:Gibson Les Paul Standard FadedFender Roadworn '72 Deluxe TelecasterKramer StrikerAmplification:Titan Custom RetrofitRandall R412CSOfficial member of the Ninja Lows club

Comment

Thanks bud!

I should also mention that the Electra Dyne is a ****************ing FUN to play amp.
      Fender Highway One Telecaster | Squier Telecaster | Squier Stratocaster | LTD EC-600
      Vox AC30CC2

Positive Transactions

Comment

Badass!

Comment

Thanks!
          I want to hear it through my old 2ch DR that you have. I bet the Vintage channel unboosted would be awesome for what I'm going for with my tone right now.
          Vox AC30CC2

Positive Transactions

Comment

Thanks!
            I want to hear it through my old 2ch DR that you have. I bet the Vintage channel unboosted would be awesome for what I'm going for with my tone right now.

It's been getting a lot of play time lately

Comment

It's been getting a lot of play time lately

Glad to hear.
              Vox AC30CC2

Positive Transactions

Comment

looks great
                Originally Posted by OverDriven

That is probably the single most ****************ed up thing I've ever seen posted on HCAF. Congrats.

Good deals with: jnepo1

Comment

Bryan pretty much just does whatever I tell him too, way the **************** after I tell him.

Comment

Bryan pretty much just does whatever I tell him too, way the **************** after I tell him.

This is somewhat true.
                    Vox AC30CC2

Positive Transactions

Comment

Well, that's better than how I read it the first time...

Looks like a sweet guitar brYan! P90s!
                      Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
                      Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

Well, that's better than how I read it the first time...

Looks like a sweet guitar bryan! P90s!

Fixed

But thanks!
                        Vox AC30CC2

Positive Transactions

Comment

Nice beard, bro.

Comment

Nice beard, bro.

That's actually one of my bud's beards. I'm clean shaven.
                            Vox AC30CC2

Positive Transactions

Comment

That's actually one of my bud's beards. I can't grow facial hair.

CSB

Comment

Working...
                              X