JCA GUYS

magh8

• Members

Save yourself the frustration and try the 100 watter. Anything below that is for guitargasm blues-faces and interwebz points. The 100 is OK but I know your list of previous amps, I don't think you'll like them.

I hope the JCA100HDM is what it looks like on paper, otherwise this company does nothing for me. Bang for buck? Sure... That's about it for now. They are just SO thin sounding :( I don't get the hype. The 100w was not bad, just not as mindblowing as the interwebz would have you believe.

• Members

It also depends on the environment / output volume you're playing at. I know I've posted this before, but Zacky V / A7X prefer the standard 100H to the HDM because he/they felt the depth was too much at the volume level they play at. Un-boosted, by the way, and the gain on the OD channel not even all the way up.

• Members

It also depends on the environment / output volume you're playing at. I know I've posted this before, but Zacky V / A7X prefer the standard 100H to the HDM because he/they felt the depth was too much at the volume level they play at. Un-boosted, by the way, and the gain on the OD channel not even all the way up.

This is a good point about lower volumes. I also think people naturally want TOO much lows these days because they aren't using their amp in the mix enough.

Another factor to consider are the cab/speakers you are using.

When I had my JCA I was able to get plenty of lows with K100s/V30s and my Mills 4x12. And that's coming from a Recto fanboy :lol:. But I was playing rockish stuff more than metal through it.

The metal guys definitely benefit more from the depth mod.

• Members

I guess I won't post my boosted/unboosted JCA22H vids then.
:lol::p

I didn't know you got one of these.How do you like it?

I am in the " a lot of thump" category as well. I would like to try the HDM, but its never been at the top of my list....

• Members

do it do it do it.

My playing's not the best, but...

Just the amp and my Bloody Murder OD, doing a variety of stuff:

AR21FKuaFuE

With some fx/eqing in the loop, and the OD, doing pretty much nothing but metal:

HGUuk03SUb4

For some reason youtube messed up the resolution on the vids, should be full 16:9, but it got squished. Makes me look weird. :lol:

• Members

I like it a lot, it's got a cool shred/80s/hard rock vibe to it. Very different from the 3120. It can still get pretty heavy with a boost and some EQing. More midrange focused amp though, the lows get kinda flubby turned up. I wanna try a depth mod on it, but too busy this time of year.

My playing's not the best, but...

Just the amp and my Bloody Murder OD, doing a variety of stuff:

With some fx/eqing in the loop, and the OD, doing pretty much nothing but metal:

For some reason youtube messed up the resolution on the vids, should be full 16:9, but it got squished. Makes me look weird.
:lol:

Brighter and thrashier seems more your style :)

Cool videos. Not as "huge" sounding as I would like, but I can tell you were not going for that sound.

• Members

Exactly - this amp sounds fantastic when cranked. "Thin" is not a word I'd use to describe it at all.

• Members

Errr....don't you have a bass player?

Otherwise, what is this about not enough thump? Granted, mine has the depth mod, but I have to keep bass below 11 o'clock to keep from being flubby.

They want the huge speaker hit when they do teh chucka-chucka's.. The JCAs do it, but just not as hard or pronounced..

• Members

That is why I got rid of mine. It just seemed thin compared to my 5150. Great amp, but I like allot of thump.

It just needs a LOT of volume to sound thick. My JCA sounded thin with the volume up to around noon, after that points it gets really thick. I've never had an issue getting a thick tone out of my JCA, especially when using V30's.

Archived