Raiders of the Lost Ark submarine controversy

tommythelurker

• Members

So, apparently there is a controversy over how Indy survives on the submarine. The answer is that the sub submerges but leaves it's periscope up which he lashes himself to with his whip. This scene was supposedly shot but cut from the final film.

Here's the odd thing: I could swear I saw this scene when I first saw the movie in theaters. Later when I saw it on DVD I noticed it was cut. Made me go, "hmmmmm...." Am I psychic?

Not so CSB :idk:

• Members

Now you know
:lol:

Already read it, doesn't change anything.

Maybe you read the comic sometime after seeing the movie and "misremembered" the scene?

Or....maybe your geek mind fixed the scene in your memory as you watched it?

Or maybe...just maybe, you're psychic. I go with some sort of misremembering as more likely. But...ya never know.

• Members

I remember when I saw Batman Forever in the theater. During the flash back, where we learn the history of Two Face in the court room, both (BOTH!) my friend and I thought the judge was Kingpin. We even looked at each other and said, "Kingpin is in Batman?!" But when I saw the movie when the VHS came out the judge was just a regular looking, black haired man. I thought so surely that I saw Kingpin in Batman at the theater.

• Members

They never actually show the sub diving either. Submarines actually travel on the surface if they can as they can move faster.

Yea, but his hair was wet when he crawls out of the water to steal a uniform that didn't fit. He can probably hold his breath for a long time.

• Members

I watched The Big Bang Theory the other day
and it was about them going to see that movie with the bonus 21 seconds added back in. They mentioned that it solved the sub issue and I had no idea what they were talking about.

All hypothesis null.

• Members

Ya, but at the speed he hit the ground, he should have splattered like a bug on a windshield. Also, how would he survive the intense heat?

Well the heat gives itself, it was a refridgerator!!

And he hit the ground in a downhill, that probably took some of the energy of the fall!

Archived