OT: Who has sinus problems?

xcml5

• Members

I've had sinus issues all my life but they are worse than ever right now. I have gotten the same cycle 4 times in the past few months, sore throat for a few days, bad cough and extreme congestion, then just a cough that has gotten worse. I recently saw an ENT doc but he said my main alternative would be balloon sinuplasty. Anyone have this done? I have looked into a little bit and seems that a lot of people come out worse but for others it is the key to relief. :confused:

• Members

This has been one of the best years I've ever had for allergies/sinus issues.

I only got a sinus infection once all year, and the sore throat/congestion {censored} a handful of times that sudafed+ibuprofen doping got rid of. I do have CONSTANT year round nasal drip that blows though...basically gotta brush 3 times a day to stop the ass-breath.

• Members

I switched to organic shampoo/soap in the shower. Doctor told me something that made me facepalm, a lot of people are sensitive to the artificial chemicals and scents and {censored} in the shower products out there, and when you add a, basically, gas chamber effect to it with the steam, it can {censored} your insides up and irritate your lungs and everything. I switched to "Organix" shampoo and some other organic lemon soap bar, have not had a sinus infection in 4 years, i used to get them 5x+ a year.

I also use the Neti Pot regularly with sea salt.

• Members

I switched to organic shampoo/soap in the shower. Doctor told me something that made me facepalm, a lot of people are sensitive to the artificial chemicals and scents and {censored} in the shower products out there, and when you add a, basically, gas chamber effect to it with the steam, it can {censored} your insides up and irritate your lungs and everything. I switched to "Organix" shampoo and some other organic lemon soap bar, have not had a sinus infection in 4 years, i used to get them 5x+ a year.

I also use the Neti Pot regularly with sea salt.

Where does one buy this organic {censored}?

The Neti pot I've used a handful of times and I don't see much of a difference.

• Members

Where does one buy this organic {censored}?

The Neti pot I've used a handful of times and I don't see much of a difference.

They sell it at my CVS for a pretty high price, but I buy it online in somewhat-bulk and it only ends up being about 5-10% more expensive over standard {censored}.

• Members

I have hayfever and would get an occasional sinus infection. If you have recurrent sinus infections that are becoming very troublesome, there is a procedure they can do called FESS (functional endoscopic sinus surgery). It works pretty well, but isn't quite permanent.

• Members

Sinus problems I can relate, i'm52 always had bad sinuses the've been worse since I was deployed i've had 4 or 5 lost count horrible sinus infections since april 2004 the last one Feb of this year had chill body aches etc it was a sinus infection it was one of the worst of my life.

• Members

You guys know that chronic sinus issues can be caused by food allergies. They can even develop later in life. Try eliminating gluten and dairy first. Many people have sensitivities to these without knowing what's happening.

Vegetables, fruit and meat are the best foods. Processed sugars and grains are bad. :thu::)

• Members
You guys know that chronic sinus issues can be caused by food allergies. They can even develop later in life. Try eliminating gluten and dairy first. Many people have sensitivities to these without knowing what's happening.

Vegetables, fruit and meat are the best foods. Processed sugars and grains are bad.
:thu::)

I'm allergic to fruits and vegetables. :cry:

Archived