OT: What have you peoples picked up from the Steam holiday sale?

EthylOH

• Members

I bought Assassins Creed 2 at -33%. It's at -75% today. :mad: I had to get the game to work myself. It was crashing at launch because not everything needed to run the game was included. The interface, menus and subtitles have for some reason turned from English to Danish and I can't change it back. Luckily I understand Danish, so I can still play it. :)

• Members

Thanks for the heads up...just snagged Assassin's Creed 2. I have it on the 360 already, but it's worth $5 to get the better graphics on the PC. I may poke around a bit more to see if there's anything else worth getting.

EDIT: Just picked up Dead Space 2...already beat it twice on the 360, but it's a great game, and worth another play through on the PC. Will also probably snag Homefront as well. I watched a few youtube gameplay movies...looks pretty good.

• Members

Duke Nukem Forever (4.99) - Probably the most I'd be willing to pay for that game.

Batman: Arkham City - (25.99) - {censored}ing epic like the first one.

I'm waiting for some good shooters to go on sale. Maybe (but probably not) MW3.

I'm kicking myself for not buying Skyrim at 33% off.

• Members

Duke Nukem Forever (4.99) - Probably the most I'd be willing to pay for that game.

Batman: Arkham City - (25.99) - {censored}ing epic like the first one.

I'm waiting for some good shooters to go on sale. Maybe (but probably not) MW3.

I'm kicking myself for not buying Skyrim at 33% off.

MW3 was on sale for $42. Still too much for that POS. Skyrim will be even cheaper by next year. I've got enough backlog to last me a year at least. I still haven't played Batman AA, and Assasin's creed brotherhood yet. Spending all my time online in BF3.

• Members

I would suggest getting deadspace 1 and 2 if you guys don't already have them. Both OUTSTANDING games IMO and each only $5.

I finally jumped on metro 2033. $10 is about as good as it's gonna get I think.

I also got Trine2. Absolutely breathtaking visuals and art. If you've never played it or trine 1, go get both. They are amazing fun. Also, if you have a 3D computer monitor, I've read that Trine 2 in 3D is mind blowing awesome

Still too much :o

• Members

Noob question. Can you transfer the license for a steam dl to another computer? I have a new pc coming next week and don't want to spend if I can't play it on the new computer. I've never actually dl'ed a game on steam
:o
. And does tf2 still have many players online?

When you get your new computer, install Steam, login, and then you have the ability to re download all of the previous games you've bought.

So you keep them forever.

• Members

Stalker Shadow of Cher noble

Counter-Strike original

I had never played counterstrike, but its pretty addicting. I still haven't gotten a kill yet tho. Those dudes are crazy good at that game, and the new one will be on console and cross platform! Console folks will know the wrath of a mouse and keyboard!

• Members

I would suggest getting deadspace 1 and 2 if you guys don't already have them. Both OUTSTANDING games IMO and each only $5.

Totally agree.

I've finished both.

The first one is longer (16hr.), but involves a lot of backtracking.

The second one (~12hr.), keeps all of the good things from the first, but gets rid of the tedious backtracking.

As good as the first one was, the second one is that much better.

• Members

I finished Homefront today (it was on sale as part of yesterday's Steam daily deals).

The campaign was decent, although it was really short (4hr). Very similar to COD, but a little less polished.

The multiplayer is pretty good. I still prefer COD, but I like it better than BF (which I hate).

For $7.50, it was definitely worth the purchase. Had I paid full price when it was released, I probably would have been pissed.

It's still on sale at Amazon if you're interested.

• Members

Batman: Arkham City - (25.99) - {censored}ing epic like the
first one

I bought Batman: AA last year for $7 during one of the Steam sales.

I just haven't gotten around to playing it.

Is it really that good? And how long does it take? (I actually like relatively short campaigns - after 10 hours or so, I just get bored)

Archived