just picked up a peavey ultra for $400. Whats it like guys?

gt_jumper

• Members

The Ultra Plus. I had one for a few years and liked it for most of the time. Its clean channel was pretty clean but a bit flat IMO, though that's coming from a longtime X100B user. :D The gain channel can get pretty mean and definitely didn't need an overdrive or boost pedal. I liked using an eq in the loop sometimes. I think it makes for a better metal amp than classic rock amp, though it can easily be used for both.

One thing I noticed about mine is that it wasn't very loud in comparison to other ~100 watt amps I owned simultaneously (including a Laney AOR and Carvin X100B) when turned up unless I also slightly upped the level on a graphic eq pedal in the loop.

• Members

:love:

Thakns guys, my {censored}ing flat mate is asleep and if i didnt respect the guy as much as i do it would be cranked right now. But on the low level sound? Im loving it, especially for $400 (i just sold a POS rh150 randall for $400, {censored}ing score!!!!)

• Members

awesome amp...loved mine.... low volumes and high are both stellar....active EQ gets you wide pallete of sounds...try a jj 12dw7 in the v2preamp slot to tame some of the gain and make it more articulate...sounds awesome on vader cabinets also

Archived