Guitar Center, I hate you

facefirst

• Members

So a family member ordered me an Apogee Jam for Christmas. After they placed the order they got an email saying it's backordered until 1/3. Now today it has been pushed to 1/15.

First, why not note that before someone places an order? I assume it's just to make sure that GC gets the money first since most people won't cancel. Second, what is with it being pushed further and further back. Instead of on the day it's supposed to ship sending an email saying "Hey, two more weeks. Sorry", why not just be up front with a customer and give them the actual date. At this point I'll probably just have my relative cancel the order and I'll pick it up from somewhere else.

I know that this is a pretty small inconvenience in the scope of world problems, but it is annoying and {censored} like this is the reason I stopped using GC and MF and all their other companies. They treat the customer like a jerk.

Maybe Sweetwater has it. I'll have to check.

• Members

They get these dates from the manufacturer or distributor and just pass them on to the customer. It is very likely that they were promised a new shipment by the 3rd and were informed later that it would take longer. Having worked in this industry for a long time, I wouldn't blame the store for this one.

If you can find it somewhere else, by all means cancel it and buy it from a store that has it in stock but these type of delays normally affect all retailers. Can you currently find it in stock somewhere else?

• Members

Can you currently find it in stock somewhere else?

Who knows. Seems like no retailer is up front about what they do and don't have in stock. It's just funny that with the order confirmation they tell you it's backordered. I understand wanting to get a customer's money. I don't understand being a bit deceptive to do it.

This is the second time on two orders in a row with GC/MF that this has happened.

• Members

Who knows.
Seems like no retailer is up front about what they do and don't have in stock.
It's just funny that with the order confirmation they tell you it's backordered. I understand wanting to get a customer's money. I don't understand being a bit deceptive to do it.

This is the second time on two orders in a row with GC/MF that this has happened.

False. Sweetwater is typically very good about what they do/don't have and the wait that you can expect. :thu:

• Members

Your issue has nothing to do with Guitar Center. Id be willing to bet , if whoever bought that for you went back and checked , it was in fact back ordered when they placed the order. Manufacturers {censored} around with us dealers on a daily basis when it comes to estimated ship dates. Ive learned to just tell customers its only a guess and most likely it will get pushed back. I bet on Jan 15th , it will get pushed back again. When you are as big as GC , you have to list an estimated ship date on your website , but its just that , a manufacturers estimate. If you dont want to wait , cancel the order and find someone who has it in stock

• Members

Here's a guitar center listing for a product that's out of stock. Note that on the page it says when it will be available. Whoever placed the order probably failed to notice that.

As to the expected date, they get that from the manufacturer. It frequently gets changed.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Bugera-V55-55W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-105505051-i1470776.gc

Apogee Jam is showing up in stock. Perhaps they have them already.

• Members

Here's a guitar center listing for a product that's out of stock. Note that on the page it says when it will be available. Whoever placed the order probably failed to notice that.

As to the expected date, they get that from the manufacturer. It frequently gets changed.

Apogee Jam is showing up in stock. Perhaps they have them already.

It has always been showing up in stock, hence the frustration.

Archived