Van Halen "5150" from 5150 with my pv 5150.... fiddy

ENdtime

• Members

Man so I smoked some weed and I learned some Van Halen for some reason..lol.. Van Hagar even! But this track always kicked ass, imo... Plus it's somewhat easy enough to learn in a sitting..

So Eddie is pretty much a stereo guitar track, but he's slightly to left. I pushed my track hard right. I mixed it so the track still sounds good.. But I think my track is pretty clear to hear. Especially the beginning, since I didn't learn or try all of Eddie's inflections.. I let the song start for 2 seconds them I join in.

The combo has a more Fair Warning era tone, but they match up pretty well I think..

Btw, I absolutely nailed the pick.scrape at 2:47! Lol. His is first and then I hit the scrape and I swear it's the exact same sound. Plus it's adds a cool effect. Also under the lead I missed the change.. I had to look at the tab! Haha

Edit- I turned my guitar up.. It overpowers the mix a bit now, but whatever

http://www.tonefinder.com/index.php?section=id&value=12363

• Members

BTW, {censored}ing nailed it. The tone is dead-on. Great playing too. Try and do the solo too. That would be really cool.

Thanks dude.. And yeah, I got this far I figured I'd go for the solo too.. I've never tried any of Eddie's solos, except "hear about it later" which I did ok.... Honestly playing this track is a blast. Drop dflat sounds chunky too..

• Members

{censored} yeah....sounds great man!!! What was your recording chain? Did you mic the amp or record direct with impulses?

Pretty straight forward.. Just guitar into lead channel. Custom 4x12 with Emi legend v12s, shure Beta57, into Universal audio solo 610

• Members
Man so I smoked some weed and I learned some Van Halen for some reason..lol.. Van Hagar even! But this track always kicked ass, imo... Plus it's somewhat easy enough to learn in a sitting..

So Eddie is pretty much a stereo guitar track, but he's slightly to left. I pushed my track hard right. I mixed it so the track still sounds good.. But I think my track is pretty clear to hear. Especially the beginning, since I didn't learn or try all of Eddie's inflections.. I let the song start for 2 seconds them I join in.

The combo has a more Fair Warning era tone, but they match up pretty well I think..

Btw, I absolutely nailed the pick.scrape at 2:47! Lol. His is first and then I hit the scrape and I swear it's the exact same sound. Plus it's adds a cool effect. Also under the lead I missed the change.. I had to look at the tab! Haha

Edit- I turned my guitar up.. It overpowers the mix a bit now, but whatever

http://www.tonefinder.com/index.php?section=id&value=12363

I dig! :thu: Nice playing, mang. :)

Archived