This is why Carvin gets a bad rap about having ugly guitars...

grunge782

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow....someone custom picked that color? For the headstock as well? Why?

It kinda looks like what you'd expect a starter pack guitar to look like painted that way....

I'd say it's prolly more the flying V headstock on that body style. But sparkle paint is always ghey, too

• Members

See, the paint wasn't really the first thing that jutted out to me TBH. I think my brain was having issues processing the flying v headstock+superstrat body combo. My eyes said the same guitar, but my brain kept thinking it was two separate guitars.

Trolling is a art.
:o

See, you can tell I'm a noob cause its only after you pointed out that's a flying V headstock that I noticed. :lol:

The headstock isn't as jarring to me as the color. Partially cause I HATE matched paint headstocks in almost all instances except black.

Now that you've pointed it out....now its all I see. Funny how the brain does that. :lol:

• Members

carvins are always ugly.

either too junky looking or entirely abalone 19-ply bound flame quilt carve burst.

and THEY'RE headstocks are always fail
;)

Where have you seen a carvin with binding? Virtually none of them come with binding nor do they use a lot of abalone. The real abalone culprits in the guitar business are schecter. And that crap isnt even real. And before im accused of It I will flat out admit that im a carvin fanboy. But thats only because I got sick of overpaying for guitars of lesser quality. I will admit that the guitar above is ugly. But that is the fault of the person who ordered it. Not carvin. I would have to suggest holding off on bashing carvin untill you have played or owned a couple. Having owned many customs I can say without hesitation that their quality is top notch and rivals many guitars 2-3 times their price. And if you want a high quality american guitar at a reasonable price they virtually have 0 competition.

• Members

Regarding the Carvin headstocks some are just horrible like the CT, SC and TLB:freak:, but I like the look of their DC/Bolts and their 7 string headstocks when done right with the colors. Some dude around here has a Carvin bolt with this custom japanese looking logo on his Carvin's headstock that looked great. A lot of it depends on the person and how well they can choose options for their guitar. But it is more entertaining when they don't know wtf they are doing :lol:.

• Members

nor do they use a lot of abalone.

from http://www.carvinguitars.com/customshop/carvedtop.php :

25" scale ebony fingerboard with abalone dot inlays

25" scale ebony fingerboard with abalone dot inlays

- 25" scale ebony fingerboard with abalone dot inlays

and sadly, most of them are mislabeled. they are abalone block inlays :cop:

• Members

Where have you seen a carvin with binding? Virtually none of them come with binding nor do they use a lot of abalone. The real abalone culprits in the guitar business are schecter. And that crap isnt even real. And before im accused of It I will flat out admit that im a carvin fanboy. But thats only because I got sick of overpaying for guitars of lesser quality. I will admit that the guitar above is ugly. But that is the fault of the person who ordered it. Not carvin. I would have to suggest holding off on bashing carvin untill you have played or owned a couple. Having owned many customs I can say without hesitation that their quality is top notch and rivals many guitars 2-3 times their price. And if you want a high quality american guitar at a reasonable price they virtually have 0 competition.

allright ill stop being an asshole, just bored at work. after reviewing the website for humorous links, there are a few on there i would play.

I would have to suggest holding off on bashing carvin untill you have played or owned a couple.

and this is quite true.

but DAYUM do they have some fugly head on some of 'em :)

• Members

I custom ordered this one:

94730b.jpg

I think it looks gorgeous. I had to cancel it because of financial woes though. Non-refundable deposit too. :cry:

But I agree that most Carvins are ugly. I'm not sure if it's because their customers tend to pick horrible options or if the company lends itself to bad taste.

Archived