Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why Carvin gets a bad rap about having ugly guitars...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Holdsworth headless model avoids headstock failure.

Too bad that they're what I thought this thread would be about...so damn ugly. And I love the regular Holdsworth models.
    VHT | Reeves | Fender

Good transactions

Comment

green one: hot from the ass to the chin, generic headstock
      quilt one: quilt is gaudy, pickups are super fugly, abalone block fail, headstock is generic as ****************.
      red flame: gorgeous from the jackplate to the 21st fret. inlays are , headstock (pattern?) lameness. also, PRS-bite-itis.
      great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
      SG ARMY

Comment

sharp knees, bro

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

SG ARMY

Comment

top one:
          http://www.carvinguitars.com/customshop/boltneck.php

That is one ugly dog...

Comment

it just makes you wonder, like how could someone, after a long day at the design table for a new product, look at that and say: "yup! awesome! run it! looks great!"

and then it baffles me that others would go "yes, i agree"

and that nobody down the line would say ANYTHING. and that this guitar would come out the finishing bay, get tested, set up, glossed up for pictures, sent around the world, heaven forbid the ****************ing thing be PURCHASED by some poor guy, and have it take until now....right ****************ing now, on HCAF...... for some to go: "um...holy **************** thats ugly".

the world is an amazing place sometimes.

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

SG ARMY

Comment

I like that color. If it was on a Charvel or Suhr everyone would be fapping over it. As for the headstock, not the best choice for that body style but looks great on their V220 model.
              Rivera K-Tre
              Randall T2

Carvin, Gibson, ESP

Good deals with: Shredtilurded, Juggernaut, Guillatool1( x2 ), MatrixClaw, CRANK,Clonexx, Chris the Asian, Slav123, lfrz93, ldonnell89, Khoifish321, bankboy, JJPSGAK, DTorg, jdr94, Yo_Squig, coolblues309, samthinguy, MorgMetal666, Uberthrall, Duke318, Harris, Katana, mctallica1, JerEvil, GuidanceofSin, phreddy, O'Rourke, Toshiro, the4thlast1, aywilson, shask, NeoAngelo, TomCray, scottcrud,sdgails, GibsonVMan, 100 watt

Comment

I will be getting a new Carvin within the next couple weeks. I will post pics so you can all judge how ugly it is.
                Rivera K-Tre
                Randall T2

Carvin, Gibson, ESP

Good deals with: Shredtilurded, Juggernaut, Guillatool1( x2 ), MatrixClaw, CRANK,Clonexx, Chris the Asian, Slav123, lfrz93, ldonnell89, Khoifish321, bankboy, JJPSGAK, DTorg, jdr94, Yo_Squig, coolblues309, samthinguy, MorgMetal666, Uberthrall, Duke318, Harris, Katana, mctallica1, JerEvil, GuidanceofSin, phreddy, O'Rourke, Toshiro, the4thlast1, aywilson, shask, NeoAngelo, TomCray, scottcrud,sdgails, GibsonVMan, 100 watt

Comment

oh yeah nothing against the colorin the OP. looks like it belongs on an entry level ibby GAX or something, but nothing wrong with it at all.

and also, for the record, that 12 string in line headstock? doesnt offend me

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

SG ARMY

Comment

Carvin has lots of great looking guitars. Flying V headstock on that one is kinda dumb, but Gibson did it on the Marauder first. I'm not a fan of the color, but whatever, it's called personal taste right. If you think people aren't entitled to it, move to North Korea.

Comment

Eh, I'm not offended in any way by that headstock. And I wouldn't piss off the owners of those guitars, he might stab yo ass with 'em
                      Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?

Guitars:
                      '73 Les Paul DeLuxe, '83 American Standard Strat, Fender HRR Strat, Ibanez 540R, Ibanez S320, Ibanez RG350DX, Ibanez RG42 something or other, Ibanez JEM 7V, PRS SE Paul Allender, PRS SE One, Jackson Performer, Epiphone Les Paul Special, Epiphone SG Special, Malden Utopia

Comment

seriously, you consider that bad? carvin makes some awful looking guitars, but that one isn't even in the running.

Comment

I don't think it's a matter of Carvin producing ugly guitars. I'd put the blame right on the people who are choosing the options. It's their tastes and preferrences that dictate the final look. It's both a blessing and a curse to Carvin. They provide all these options to choose from which is great for customizing. Buyers with "good taste" end up with guitars that are appealing to look at. And then you see these hideous creations and the blame gets put right back on Carvin, who did nothing more than cater to the buyer with "poor taste".

Comment

there headstocks FAIL
                            their
                            tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                            www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                            -For Sale:
                            -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                            -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                            - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                            - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                            - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Virtually none of them come with binding nor do they use a lot of abalone. The real abalone culprits in the guitar business are schecter. And that crap isnt even real. And before im accused of It I will flat out admit that im a carvin fanboy. But thats only because I got sick of overpaying for guitars of lesser quality. I will admit that the guitar above is ugly. But that is the fault of the person who ordered it. Not carvin. I would have to suggest holding off on bashing carvin untill you have played or owned a couple. Having owned many customs I can say without hesitation that their quality is top notch and rivals many guitars 2-3 times their price. And if you want a high quality american guitar at a reasonable price they virtually have 0 competition.
                              binding is an option on nearly all of their guitars.
                              tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                              www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                              -For Sale:
                              -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                              -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                              - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                              - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                              - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

oh yeah nothing against the colorin the OP. looks like it belongs on an entry level ibby GAX or something, but nothing wrong with it at all.

and also, for the record, that 12 string in line headstock? doesnt offend me

I would love to see a picture or two of your personal guitars. But then again I would understand if you dont want to expose your daisy rock collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X