Have a Fryette Ultra-Lead, want something new - please advise

Fatal Lie

• Members

Whoa, whoa, whoa, is this some kind of troll thread? I don't have much experience with a lot of amps, but I do own a UL and any more gain in an amp would be worthless overkill. Maybe yours is broken? Maybe I've been trolled? Also, the the crunch channel on the UL is super touch sensitive. Yup, I've been trolled here.

• Members

What about a mark series amp? Seems like that would be a great option. Also, I recommend this to every one...but mako mak4 has all that stuff that youre looking for, easy. But then youre getting into a rack setup, and Im not sure if thats a direction you wanna go. The nice thing, though, is that I have identical tone at whisper volume as I do at practice and stage volume.

• Members

What about a mark series amp? Seems like that would be a great option.

This. Really good cleans, and the very definition of liquidy lead. Also can get an alternate killer crunch to your Fryette, maybe good for layering in the studio. And, if you stick to IIBs or IIIs, easily available for $700.

• Members

I'll do a straight trade, your UL for my 5150 *eyebrows*

But seriously whats your price range? I'd suggest checking out a Mark V

For serious, if you want to go from dry to saturated and thick, a 6505(+) wouldn't be that bad a suggestion? With {censored}loads of money to spare! Not the amp I think of when the words "open" and "touch response" are mentioned, but I've never tried to use one that way so who knows.

I'd skip the Diezel VH4, it's a very stiff amp too (though it can get very saturated on CH4).

Archived