Jet City Earhart....

Nerine

• Members

I just saw a gutshot of it on TGP. (via google linking me to it - I didn't go to TGP) :lol:

Aaaaaaannnnnnnndddddddd

A forumite picked up that it looked very much like a Cornford inside. It is also made in Britain. Handwired too. Maybe..... It's an MK50 of some description :idea:

It looked tidy too.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?p=12298322

• Members

That does look very much like a Martin Kidd circuit, if he's helping Jet City out then they're onto a winner, Martin is one of the most knowledgeable and intelligent guys to ever pick up a soldering iron. If they've cloned the MK50 II circuit then it'll be a very good amp!

Shame they didnt clone the RK100 - the one that i had was probably the best amp i've ever owned.

• Members

That does look very much like a Martin Kidd circuit, if he's helping Jet City out then they're onto a winner, Martin is one of the most knowledgeable and intelligent guys to ever pick up a soldering iron. If they've cloned the MK50 II circuit then it'll be a very good amp!

Shame they didnt clone the RK100 - the one that i had was probably the best amp i've ever owned.

If they've cloned an MK50 or any Cornford, my interest in the Earhart is pretty much doubled.

• Members

Hi guys, thanks for the interest here! Couple points:

1. There are a couple very knowledgeable guys in this thread with astute observations!

2. At JCA, I don't build 'clones'. The Soldano designs and THD design and the etc pedals are not clones, they are fully licensed. Even if I market the brown eye or BFG mods to our amps, the mods are not cloned, they are agreed upon and compensated. I think you all know this about me by now?

3. Earhart is a wicked sounding and well built amp. It was designed by a guy who really knows what he's doing and ... See point 2. Whether we end up putting his name on it or not, I dunno yet.

4. With regard to point 3, if that designer designed a similar amp for someone else, it would have been on the market at a higher price than what I announced at NAMM.

5. It'll be coming out of our Custom Shop for cabinetry. Probably the chassis will be limited to black but the user probably will be able to define the coverings and if it runs 6L6 or EL34 out of the box.

Blah blah blah.

• Members

1. There are a couple very knowledgeable guys in this thread with astute observations!

2. At JCA, I don't build 'clones'. The Soldano designs and THD design and the etc pedals are not clones, they are fully licensed. Even if I market the brown eye or BFG mods to our amps, the mods are not cloned, they are agreed upon and compensated. I think you all know this about me by now?

3. Earhart is a wicked sounding and well built amp. It was designed by a guy who really knows what he's doing and ... See point 2. Whether we end up putting his name on it or not, I dunno yet.

4. With regard to point 3, if that designer designed a similar amp for someone else, it would have been on the market at a higher price than what I announced at NAMM.

5. It'll be coming out of our Custom Shop for cabinetry. Probably the chassis will be limited to black but the user probably will be able to define the coverings and if it runs 6L6 or EL34 out of the box.

Blah blah blah.

Good to see you had a good namm man. Btw you should check out my new 50h mod thread. sent you an email as well.

• Members

Blah blah blah.

Cool info Doug!

I must say, I really really really like the new look of that vert 2x12 cab and head you guys showed. Looks great!

• Members

Blah blah blah.

Coffee! Soon!!!

• Members

I just saw a gutshot of it on TGP. (via google linking me to it - I didn't go to TGP)
:lol:

Aaaaaaannnnnnnndddddddd

A forumite picked up that it looked very much like a Cornford inside. It is also made in Britain. Handwired too. Maybe..... It's an MK50 of some description
:idea:

It looked tidy too.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?p=12298322

It's...OOOKAy to go to TGP. It won't kill you. You don't have to tell your cyber buddies you went, if you think they are such narrow minded and intolerant buttholes.

So..TGP actually had something of interest, but we better not tell anyone. Or even admit it amongst ourselves.

Archived