Amp for country meets rock.

Clinically Deaf

• Members

I'm looking for a single amp to cover most of playing styles which cross the genres of country and rock/classic rock. Ideally I'd like to keep it 30 watts or less and in a 1x12 combo format with at least two channels. Price range is around $1500. The tones I'm after go from Slash's lead and rhythm tone on the rock side to Brad Paisley on the country side. I'm also a fan of Keith Urban's tone when he used Marshalls and P90's live. Jason Aldean's latest album has some killer tones on it as well, and I heard that Kurt Allison did a lot of the work on that album and is a big part of the Nashville studio scene and apparently used a Mesa Lonestar Special on some of that album. Just wondering what else you guys figure might fit the bill that I'm looking for.

• Members

Mesa Lone Star Special would definitely fit the bill. The Genz Benz Black Pearl is also really awesome.

Now for a LOT less, you could get an used Peavey Classic 50 2x12, which is pretty much the Nashville standard workhorse I'd suggest a speaker upgrade for it, but other than that, it is as good as it gets for that style. Or Classic 30 if you want the 1x12/30w but I think it's worth it to get the 50, it sounds bigger and better.

If you want the absolutely best, I'd recommend the Tone King Imperial. But that's $3500, not $1500 lol

• Members
Now for a LOT less, you could get an used Peavey Classic 50 2x12, which is pretty much the Nashville standard workhorse I'd suggest a speaker upgrade for it, but other than that, it is as good as it gets for that style. Or Classic 30 if you want the 1x12/30w but I think it's worth it to get the 50, it sounds bigger and better.

Speaking of the Classic 50: http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/2824619169.html

scaled.php?server=60&filename=ffffuuuu.p

• Members

Ding..ding..ding!!!

Cranked lead tone

QYIqtnMru1g

15 watts, dual 6V6 powered, tube rectified, tube driven tremolo, PTP wired, 12" alnico speaker, two channels, retro cool, really nice cleans & all balls when you crank it up. I like taking a little mojo heavy grab-n-go like this and make them be all they can be with a little help from a friend. They are also damn nice all by themselves clean or driven and love pedals.

Clean

N6QOhUHi6U0

Crunchy

OWgISAZ4PeI

Archived