Tiny Terror VS TH30

pinkvoid

• Members

The Tiny Terror is more for classic rock and NOT as compressed as the TH 30, also the TH 30 is slightly more modern/agressive sounding (but not in a bad way, not like the dark terror) its almost like the TT with a good boost pedal on it. The TH30 also has the effects loop

Im a fan of the TT, for the $$ you get a nice british flavor tone and i would just put a lil delay pedal on front (just a touch and on low settings) and it was fine -- nice ballsy rock type tones imo, some people dont like emas much, (i cant understand why, sweeet warm tube tonannzzz in a small package) but for the $$ they are nice tones in a small box --- BTW i played mine on 2X12's with V30s and the cabinet was closed back and i dug it

They sound like Oranges (lol) but the TH 30 is slightly more modern flavored while the TT is more 80s Rock and roll, hope that helped a lil bit, what are you planning to play with it? what type and what gear?

:wave:

• Members

I think the TT is a decent amp, they are a bit scratchy on recordings but they're a decent and usable amp.

The TH30 is a good amp but i found it really lacking in terms of volume. I'd like to see how the new thunder100 compares with its el34's.

Both have that signature loose orange midrange, thunder is tighter in the low end and has more gain.

• Members

Thanks for the feedback. how would you compare Orange "sound" with Marshall or Vox?

Right now i just mess around... cool cleans for jazz, funky rhythm, classic rock attitude and improvisation at at low highs and high gains.

The Tiny Terror is more for classic rock and NOT as compressed as the TH 30, also the TH 30 is slightly more modern/agressive sounding (but not in a bad way, not like the dark terror) its almost like the TT with a good boost pedal on it. The TH30 also has the effects loop

Im a fan of the TT, for the $$ you get a nice british flavor tone and i would just put a lil delay pedal on front (just a touch and on low settings) and it was fine -- nice ballsy rock type tones imo, some people dont like emas much, (i cant understand why, sweeet warm tube tonannzzz in a small package) but for the $$ they are nice tones in a small box --- BTW i played mine on 2X12's with V30s and the cabinet was closed back and i dug it

They sound like Oranges (lol) but the TH 30 is slightly more modern flavored while the TT is more 80s Rock and roll, hope that helped a lil bit, what are you planning to play with it? what type and what gear?

:wave:

• Members

Thanks for the feedback. how would you compare Orange "sound" with Marshall or Vox?

Right now i just mess around... cool cleans for jazz, funky rhythm, classic rock attitude and improvisation at at low highs and high gains.

Woolier/fuzzier sounding gain, maybe a bit more loose. Darker voiced

• Members

I think the TT is a decent amp, they are a bit scratchy on recordings but they're a decent and usable amp.

The TH30 is a good amp but i found it really lacking in terms of volume. I'd like to see how the new thunder100 compares with its el34's.

Both have that signature loose orange midrange, thunder is tighter in the low end and has more gain.

It seems a lot of people has issue with the volumes between the channels on the TH30, I had one for 4 months and the build quality was shot, I had to send it back twice, both times it was a scratchy pot. Don't get me wrong it's a great amp but it was a bit to modern sounding for me. I'd like to try the TH100, the thought of an EL34 power section would suit me.

• Members

Trying to describe toan is liking trying to catch water lol

Marshall and Orange have that british vibe/flavor to them (and Vox does to a lesser degree as well) but the Orange will have bigger midz and just a big engulfing tone. Spawn is correct, it will sound slightly fuzzier/looser and is slightly darker -- its a tone thats not for everyone, i like em but some people dont

The TT will not give you a clean/jazzy type tone (1 channel) it will clean up a lil bit but not great 4 jazz, but it will do Zep, Aerosmith, AC/DC type and Classic rock tone in {censored}ing spades! ----- IT will put you in the Orange family at a low starting price, i like em. Are there better Orange amps? of course but for a entry level and priced on a budget its a pretty cool little amp imo

:cool:

• Members

Which voicing is more attractive? The Orange or Marshall? I know it's subjective but i know Marshall is buzzier and less "sophisticated/complex" if you can call it that.. what else?

Woolier/fuzzier sounding gain, maybe a bit more loose. Darker voiced

• Members

I just plugged in to both my new TT and TH30.. the TT is def more raw, the TH30 was def buzzier and more compressed/refined. also tighter.. and LOTS more gain which may helped make it sound fuller.

I don't know if i should keep the TT to compliment the TH30 or not. If the TT resemble the AD/Rocker voicing more than sure why not get that on the cheap.. but if its more like a TH30 without the bells an whistles (and gain) then i guess the little sucker won't have much to compete with..

Trying to describe toan is liking trying to catch water lol

Marshall and Orange have that british vibe/flavor to them (and Vox does to a lesser degree as well) but the Orange will have bigger midz and just a big engulfing tone. Spawn is correct, it will sound slightly fuzzier/looser and is slightly darker -- its a tone thats not for everyone, i like em but some people dont

The TT will not give you a clean/jazzy type tone (1 channel) it will clean up a lil bit but not great 4 jazz, but it will do Zep, Aerosmith, AC/DC type and Classic rock tone in {censored}ing spades! ----- IT will put you in the Orange family at a low starting price, i like em. Are there better Orange amps? of course but for a entry level and priced on a budget its a pretty cool little amp imo

:cool:

• Members

Which voicing is more attractive? The Orange or Marshall? I know it's subjective but i know Marshall is buzzier and less "sophisticated/complex" if you can call it that.. what else?

Personally, I'd probably opt for an Orange over a Marshall if I were to go the british amp route again. I'm a stoner rock/metal junkie though. I've owned Thunderverb 50. Never owned a marshall, but I've played an 800s, a JVM, and a JTM45 in the past. Marshalls have great tone, I just personally prefer orange. Marshalls are definitely very bright amps, especially in contrast to orange

Oranges are outrageously overpriced if you buy new though.

• Members

Personally, I'd probably opt for an Orange over a Marshall if I were to go the british amp route again. I'm a stoner rock/metal junkie though. I've owned Thunderverb 50. Never owned a marshall, but I've played an 800s, a JVM, and a JTM45 in the past. Marshalls have great tone, I just personally prefer orange. Marshalls are definitely very bright amps, especially in contrast to orange

Oranges are outrageously overpriced if you buy new though.

I actually traded my old mesa markIII mini stack for a th30 mini stack. After trying the TH30 i had a realization that i dislike the mesa american voicing.. yet owned the mark and recto for years.. go figure

• Members

I was expecting the shape control to be overrated and offer only subtle differences in tone-shaping. I was, however, quite surprised with how much it does shape the tone. I tend to run it straight up at 12 o' clock for the more classic rock sounding vibe and then upwards of 2 or 3 o'clock when I want a slightly modern and more aggressive tonality.

• Members

For you TH30 owners, How do you get on with the shape control, I found it hard to get a mid heavy sound and reverted to an eq in the loop.

I dunno.. i have no problems with it at all. Orange and the TH30 + V30 is already mid heavy. shape at noon and it's more than enough for me.. and that's before tweaking the town control on my guitars..

I guess if you want pure mid or pure scooped u'll need EQ.. but if your needs are that custom get a 3-knob setup.. ??

• Members

I was expecting the shape control to be overrated and offer only subtle differences in tone-shaping. I was, however, quite surprised with how much it does shape the tone. I tend to run it straight up at 12 o' clock for the more classic rock sounding vibe and then upwards of 2 or 3 o'clock when I want a slightly modern and more aggressive tonality.

What i really like about shape is that when i dial more gain.. i can scoop the shape a bit and get a whole new range of new tones.. it's quite beautiful :love:

• 5 months later...

Archived