Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vox ac4tv or Laney cub 10 for a tube practice amp?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox ac4tv or Laney cub 10 for a tube practice amp?

I'm looking at buying a small tubed practice amp and have been looking at the vox ac4tv combo and the Laney cub 10. Now I know the vox is only 4watts and the laney is 10 watts, but was wondering whats everyone's opinion of these? Is there another amp that some of you would recommend for around the same price ($200-$250). Thanks for any help!
    Schecter Custom bass, Peavey T-40 bass, Peavey firebass 700, Peavey 2x15 cab/4x10 cab, Boss me-50b, Fender Telecaster Deluxe, Les Paul standard,Takamine EG523SC,Vox AD120 VT, Boss me-50,Line 6 DL4, Boss PS-3, Boss PA-2, Pearl Drumset, Behringer Xenyx 2222fx, Behringer truth monitors, Sennheiser 280HD, , Shure Beta 52, Shure pg57, AKG Perception 200, MXL R144, MXL 990,GLS ES-57, EV 257b, Peavey 45i (x3) Peavey 38i, Sennheiser e845s, MXL 603s

Couple of options out there. The laney cub is very nice, I'd also check out the VHT Special 6 in that price range. There are even some good modeling options these days as well.

What kind of music are you playing?
    Guitars: Godin Session CB, Larrivee D-05, Ibanez RG, Hagstrom Swede
    Amps/Cabs: Fargen Miniplex MKII, Egnater Tweaker, Fender Mustang III, Mills Afterburner 4x12

Good deals: Dimebag11, guitarslinger, ThePunisherTF, Wayne87mott, Kev324, zack, alaskaehlers, c2ply, ak37, droptrd, dboy5150, dropthisd, rbasaria, Shooto, Jon Hiller, DoubleBarrel, BabyDaddy, Edge11, bdhn, the gunslinger

"Hi, I'm Yesterday...and today I am looking for Tomorrow"- Maina

Comment

I'm mainly just playing different forms of rock and funk. I dont know much about the VHT amps ...never heard them being played but could be an option. I went to a local music store and they had just got in some of the Laney cub series and a guy was playing some jazz on it and the amp sounded really good in clean.
      Schecter Custom bass, Peavey T-40 bass, Peavey firebass 700, Peavey 2x15 cab/4x10 cab, Boss me-50b, Fender Telecaster Deluxe, Les Paul standard,Takamine EG523SC,Vox AD120 VT, Boss me-50,Line 6 DL4, Boss PS-3, Boss PA-2, Pearl Drumset, Behringer Xenyx 2222fx, Behringer truth monitors, Sennheiser 280HD, , Shure Beta 52, Shure pg57, AKG Perception 200, MXL R144, MXL 990,GLS ES-57, EV 257b, Peavey 45i (x3) Peavey 38i, Sennheiser e845s, MXL 603s

Comment

What did you get?
        Guitars
        Amps
        Pedals

Comment

here is a video that shows how the CUB 10 sounds with an eminence ramrod speaker and SOVTEK/Electro Harmonix tubes...
          ...never mind my english folks...hope you find it useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOl6gFep1n0

Comment

Working...
          X