Dude DESTROYS Westboro Baptist Church

ManofWar55

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's nothing stupid about the Phelps klan.

If I were a douchebag trial lawyer, I wouldn't even seek out clients. I'd say the most offensive {censored} possible until someone threatened me or assaulted me, and then sue their asses for millions.

You have to be able to prove damages to be awarded money, threatening would be a hard thing to quantify. For example I find getting a letter from the IRS to be threatening but I'm not likely to receive any money from them in a settlement.

• Members

You have to be able to prove damages to be awarded money, threatening would be a hard thing to quantify. For example I find getting a letter from the IRS to be threatening but I'm not likely to receive any money from them in a settlement.

Physical threats can land a person in jail.

Secondly, Phelps had some notable wins. He won nearly $20,000 in a 1978 case against a school. In the mid-1990s, he absolutely took the City of Topeka and Shawnee County to the cleaners, winning around $200,000 in compensation for legal fees. It is worth noting here that these legal fees are presumably paid to Phelps Chartered law firm (founded by Fred Phelps, and its current roster of attorneys is either directly or by marriage related to Phelps), then recycled back into the WBC rather than paying outside lawyers.

Archived