Randall MTS Jaded Faith module demo clip!

Jayd41

• Members

So I made the jump to the Randall MTS system several months ago and haven't been disappointed. The stock modules are ok, the signature modules are great, and the modded modules are amazing.

I worked with Rob at Jaded Faith Mods on a custom one-off module and it turned out way better then expected!

So I finally got around to making a quick video of my custom Jaded Faith 59RR.

Let me say that in this video, I barely scratched the surface of all the different tones in this module. I was trying to show the variety available simply by switching a couple modes, moving the gain and adjusting the mids and treble within a small window. My eq settings were all between 11:00 and 2:30 throughout the entire video.

The playing is not very good, so my apologies for that, but I am not trying to showcase my playing, just the sound of this module.

I need to mention that this module is a one-off custom design. It incorporates the 2-stage/3-stage gain stage switching found on the 59RR Platinum Edition. This was something Rob and I had discussed for awhile as it was a feature he had previously used on his KH-23 module I found on his website. It turned out to be a perfect opportunity for him to use this as a test for what would eventually become the Platinum Edition. My module does not have all the features or the final tweaks that went into that limited run, but does have the additional gain stage.

Almost the entire video is using the normal 2 gain stages, at the end, I switch on the 3rd gain stage.

Signal chain is simply Guitar > cord > RM50 w/ EL34 > Vintage 30 cab > SM57 plugged right into my camera.

Absolutely not editing or adjusting of levels was done.

So there you have it, empirical evidence that the Randall MTS amps are awesome :love:

• Members

Nice! I've gotten into the MTS line myself, now that this stuff is going for about 1/2 the normal price. I bought an RM50, an RM20 combo, and just picked up an RM20 head along with the deep 1x12 speaker cab. Snagged a cheapo Ultra module for $75 that I'm sending off to Rob to become a Mark X as soon as I get it. I've already got an SL+ and an Ultra +, and an XTC on the way as well. Been thinking of getting the XTC done by Rob too...he's got a video of his modded XTC that sounds pretty good.

Did you swap the power tubes/rebias it yourself? If so, how hard was it? I know they make it easy with the bias points on the back of the amp.

• Members

The power tube swapping couldn't be easier.

As long as you have a digital multimeter, there's literally nothing to it. Put tubes in, turn amp on, watch multimeter, turn bias knob until reading is within acceptable range. Rock out.

I have not seen anything about this CCV module.. it's not on his website

• Members

I received my Mash-all+ and S1S0 module from Anthony at Salvation a few weeks ago. I sent from South Africa to Europe. Their customs wait is a bit long, but from him to me was about two weeks. Awesome work! They sound amazing. If you don't wanna wait that long for their customs to clear you can let him build you a mod from one of his in-stock donor modules :)

Archived