1100hp 2013 Shelby GT500?? What in the world??

Ron Burgandy

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bet it has a lot of wheel hop...lol

Seriously, I can't imagine that car being able to put down that much to pavement without slicks.

You'd be surprised at how sticky drag radial tires are these days...They are damn near "street legal slicks"...

That said, that is a LOT of money for a car that is designed to go in a straight line :o

• Members

New Musangs are actually supposed to handle really well. I haven't had the pleasure of driving one yet so :idk:

they sure look better than the new Camaro. It's like Chevy took all the vato {censored} I hate from an 80's Camaro and incorporated it into the new one. :lol:

• Members

they sure look better than the new Camaro. It's like Chevy took all the vato {censored} I hate from an 80's Camaro and incorporated it into the new one.
:lol:

Agreed. I used to have a '93 Camaro before it got wrecked (not my fault :o) and was hoping for something cool but the new ones are pretty fugly to say the very least.

• Members

Traction Control =/= all that power to the ground
:facepalm:

from a dead stop? no. same goes with top fuel dragsters...the clutch slips until they get like 60' off the line. even a honda civic couldn't put all it's power to the ground from a dead stop without massive wheelspin. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members
You know what traction control does, right? It closes the throttle body, effectively taking your foot off the gas...

So no...that does not get all the power to the ground

The traction control on my sequoia does exactly that. It's come closer to getting me killed than it has saved my life. I HATE it.

• Members

from a dead stop? no. same goes with top fuel dragsters...the clutch slips until they get like 60' off the line. even a honda civic couldn't put all it's power to the ground from a dead stop without massive wheelspin.

:freak:

Stall converters...how DO they work...

Look, you are correct on a factory car with an automatic. However, in a drag race, there is no "slipping" of anything, that would defeat the purpose of trans brakes (which are used in top fuel dragsters, btw)...The whole idea is to get your engine in the RPM range where power is being made, and as soon as you release the brake (for a stall converter) or the trans brake, all the power is shifted DIRECTLY to the tires...

If there is any kind of slipping, you need to fix your car :freak:

• Members

New Musangs are actually supposed to handle really well. I haven't had the pleasure of driving one yet so
:idk:

they sure look better than the new Camaro. It's like Chevy took all the vato {censored} I hate from an 80's Camaro and incorporated it into the new one.

New Mustangs "handle really well" in that they handle better than older Mustangs. Don't expect their chassis to inspire any Grand Prix designs though.

• Members

Yeah the price is insane

I want one just to trollolo Plano noobs and to rev up in the whataburger line.

Do they retain the cup holders? Those little ketchup buckets fit nicely in the cup holder.

Check out that link I posted Dave. Awesome build thread...Custom fabbed out the wazzoo! And that one costs $140k with the cost of the car included from what I saw them post when it was being built. :)

• Members

Check out that link I posted Dave. Awesome build thread...Custom fabbed out the wazzoo! And that one costs $140k with the cost of the car included from what I saw them post when it was being built.
:)

Man, if I had the cash I would buy a ferd f250 and play demolition derby with that thing :lol:

Since all that hp ain't helped him bring a playoff win to the Chiefs :mad:

{censored} yo ride, EB :cop:

• Members

Man, if I had the cash I would buy a ferd f250 and play demolition derby with that thing

Since all that hp ain't helped him bring a playoff win to the Chiefs
:mad:

{censored} yo ride, EB
:cop:

:lol: Good point :arg: :mad:

For real though, EB is a stud...Can't wait to see him back on the field this year. He's going to be huuuuuungry :rawk:

Archived