Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

1100hp 2013 Shelby GT500?? What in the world??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100hp 2013 Shelby GT500?? What in the world??

http://blog.caranddriver.com/shelby-previews-1100-hp-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-named-shelby-1000-new-york-auto-show/

I realize it's a lot of money, but holy cow.

I bet it has a lot of wheel hop...lol

Seriously, I can't imagine that car being able to put down that much to pavement without slicks.
    Spam'o'matic:

Nothing!

Comment

Seriously, I can't imagine that car being able to put down that much to pavement without slicks.

You'd be surprised at how sticky drag radial tires are these days...They are damn near "street legal slicks"...

That said, that is a LOT of money for a car that is designed to go in a straight line
      My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
      Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

never heard of traction control, eh? color me not surprised
        got a question about TITAN amps? ask me
        here

my website

TITAN AMPS on myspace

My band:Last Comes Gunfire

Comment

New Musangs are actually supposed to handle really well. I haven't had the pleasure of driving one yet so

they sure look better than the new Camaro. It's like Chevy took all the vato **************** I hate from an 80's Camaro and incorporated it into the new one.

Comment

Traction Control =/= all that power to the ground
            Spam'o'matic:

Nothing!

Comment

BTW, here is an awesome thread if you want to see what it takes to build a car of that level.

This is Eric Berry's 1200hp Camaro he had built right after he got drafted by the Chiefs.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1313999-national-speed-build-2010-chevrolet-camaro-eric-berry-nz1200-1-200hp.html

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
              Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

You know what traction control does, right? It closes the throttle body, effectively taking your foot off the gas...

So no...that does not get all the power to the ground

Comment

they sure look better than the new Camaro. It's like Chevy took all the vato **************** I hate from an 80's Camaro and incorporated it into the new one.

Agreed. I used to have a '93 Camaro before it got wrecked (not my fault ) and was hoping for something cool but the new ones are pretty fugly to say the very least.
                  #NoLimitCornballBrother

BRO CLUB: RSBro

Originally Posted by Phrophus

Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.

Originally Posted by Holy War

I thought you were black for some reason...

Originally Posted by Murdoch

Not to be a dick, but you're a pretentious douche, and a closet Periphery fan.

Originally Posted by jnurp

im in nyc, you are in texas, will a long distance relationship work?

Comment

Traction Control =/= all that power to the ground

from a dead stop? no. same goes with top fuel dragsters...the clutch slips until they get like 60' off the line. even a honda civic couldn't put all it's power to the ground from a dead stop without massive wheelspin.
                    got a question about TITAN amps? ask me
                    here

my website

TITAN AMPS on myspace

My band:Last Comes Gunfire

Comment

You know what traction control does, right? It closes the throttle body, effectively taking your foot off the gas...

So no...that does not get all the power to the ground

The traction control on my sequoia does exactly that. It's come closer to getting me killed than it has saved my life. I HATE it.
                      Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

I'm a drag queen..not Jesus Christ

Originally Posted by LuckisforLosers

Don't sound like Korn.

Comment

from a dead stop? no. same goes with top fuel dragsters...the clutch slips until they get like 60' off the line. even a honda civic couldn't put all it's power to the ground from a dead stop without massive wheelspin.

Stall converters...how DO they work...

Look, you are correct on a factory car with an automatic. However, in a drag race, there is no "slipping" of anything, that would defeat the purpose of trans brakes (which are used in top fuel dragsters, btw)...The whole idea is to get your engine in the RPM range where power is being made, and as soon as you release the brake (for a stall converter) or the trans brake, all the power is shifted DIRECTLY to the tires...

If there is any kind of slipping, you need to fix your car

Comment

New Musangs are actually supposed to handle really well. I haven't had the pleasure of driving one yet so

New Mustangs "handle really well" in that they handle better than older Mustangs. Don't expect their chassis to inspire any Grand Prix designs though.
                          http://www.last.fm/user/pinkfreudHC

Comment

driving their dads excort with ****************ed up muffler makes everyone an automotive expert.

Comment

the track-only 1000 S/C starts at $154,995 and also requires you to provide your own GT500.
                              " "Best toan in teh land" - champion

Good Buyers/Sellers :Mikenothing , SirKonks,Dimebag11 x2,Dropped_2_c,Boris the Blade,thefyn,MrSandman,Gabe15,GuidanceOfSin,shane1 59 X2,Mparsons,rabott13,warplangrey,iamthearm, SkyHighRocks,RobotBodiesBFF,Tu Be x2,IanDOL,Fridgit,Jim Ansell ,GutterMouth,LionHeaRT07 ,Zao X2,m3at,Bluesman001,Khoifish321,thinkpad20,vangkm, juice,phatgirl,Trembulant,knope , Knucklefux, pfapin,rareguitar,donsimon76, again with this, Jerry Dyer, eagertokill,rugbyguitargod

Comment

Working...
                              X