OT: Pancakes. What's your method?

Nazgul6

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Big stainless steel pan, either homemade (if I'm feeling it) or the blue box (can't think of the name) batter, bacon grease. 'Cause {censored} you, bacon grease makes everything better.

Want a real treat? French toast cooked in bacon grease. Made from big thick sliced texas toast bread, soaked extra long in the egg mix. OMG. It's like bacon and egg toast. BACON AND EGG TOAST. That you can put syrup on.

• Members

sister schubert recipie

1 C all purpose flour, 1 C milk, 2 TBSP sour cream (can use buttermilk instead of milk+sour cream), 1 TBSPbaking powder, 1 TBSP of sugar, 1 egg.

mix the flour, baking powder and sugar first, then the rest of the ingredients.

let sit for 10 minutes to rise a bit.

spray pam on the griddle and use butter at the end.

cook fruit (strawberries, bananas, blueberries) in a separate small pan with coconut oil to use as topping.

• Members

Didn't somebody here make a post a few days ago about using "high heat?" What, does that dude like his pancakes black on the outside and goopy on the inside? :facepalm:

Cast iron pan, medium heat, buttermilk batter, mixed very lightly (pretty lumpy). A pat of butter right in the middle of the pan, then another pat after you lift up the cake to flip it over. Serve with bacon. I made some pancakes this Sunday but I didn't have any maple syrup! so I used some homemade sausage gravy I cooked up the week before. :love: Orgasmic.

• Members

Big stainless steel pan, either homemade (if I'm feeling it) or the blue box (can't think of the name) batter, bacon grease. 'Cause {censored} you, bacon grease makes everything better.

Want a real treat? French toast cooked in bacon grease. Made from big thick sliced texas toast bread, soaked extra long in the egg mix. OMG. It's like bacon and egg toast. BACON AND EGG TOAST. That you can put syrup on.

OH MY GOD I JUST JIZZED A RAINBOW AND ON THE OTHER SIDE WAS A POOL OF MILK AND THAT FRENCHTOAST LIKE A GIANTS BOWL OF CEREAL!!!!!

oh wait, that was jizz not milk.

• Members

I have tried about 20 different mixes from amazon.

I always seem to go back to Roby's or Golden Malted it seems. I am still searching for a better mix though.

For syrup i only use Combs Family Grade B off amazon...Have tried about 20 different syrups before i settled on that one.

To top it off i order the 5lb slab bacon(uncut) from igourmet.com and sliced it about 3/8" thick :love:

{censored}ing epic breakfast right there...

• Members
Didn't somebody here make a post a few days ago about using "high heat?" What, does that dude like his pancakes black on the outside and goopy on the inside?
:facepalm:

Cast iron pan, medium heat, buttermilk batter, mixed
very lightly
(pretty lumpy). A pat of butter right in the middle of the pan, then another pat after you lift up the cake to flip it over. Serve with bacon. I made some pancakes this Sunday but I didn't have any maple syrup! so I used some homemade sausage gravy I cooked up the week before.
:love:
Orgasmic.

No..not black & no goopage.

I make my pancakes thin. (thinner than crepes.) .

Archived