Axl Rose Bows Out of GNR RnR Hall of Fame Induction

Rockett

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GnR is serious business.

what gives? Lead singers don't seem to get along with Slash.

Lead singers never get along with famous guitarists, i.e. EVH, etc. It takes a certain personality to be a lead singer in the first place. But did anyone actually expect Axl to show up to this? No {censored}ing way he's gonna do {censored} unless he can rig the entire auditorium to be yes-men telling him that GNR needs 9 members and that it's the "real lineup."

Wouldn't surprise me at ALL if Axl somehow convinced himself he wrote all of AFD.

That said, I've never heard anyone that can sing the way that guy used to, like it or not (and I love GNR, so there's that).

I'm sure everyone's going to really miss "awesome" performances like this:

[video=youtube;INnccSpbnh8]

• Members

Stupid... just stupid. I realize that these guys don't get along, maybe have screwed each other over business wise and talked a lot of {censored} about each other. Buts its just a rock band getting inducted into a 'rock' museum. Suck it up, recognize its all just simple entertainment and give the fans a three window of entertainment that they have been clamoring for, because without them them, you're nothing. A bunch of stupid self-indulgent, disrepectful twats if you ask me.

• Members

what the heck?
:confused:
Sounds like Smokey Robinson.

He basically tries to sing like old Axl for the first song and then {censored}s up his voice and starts singing like that. Him singing like that is what made Chinese Buffet such a mediocre album. He kept trying to sing like that instead of using the axl-howl, and it's pretty awful sounding.

• Members

It takes a certain kind of A-hole to be a lead singer, in that catagory (F)Atxl (that's funny!) is up there with the best.

The rest of the original band should play with someone else singing just to piss him off.

• Members

Rose is personally the most pathetic musician/singer ever. People here talk bad about Metallica, especially Lars, but at least they put things in the past, truely care for their fans and invited everyone possible to be part of their HOF induction and 30th anniversary celebrations last year.

Even Slash and the other original members are willing to let it go for at least one night. Not Axl though. It's always been all about him. He can act like he cares about fans, etc.. but that's BS and he's proven it since the beginning of Guns.

• Members

Personal opinion, but those songs sound wrong with anyone but Axl singing. I mean, when he was on, he could make Rocket Queen sound insane.

Rose is personally the most pathetic musician/singer ever. People here talk bad about Metallica, especially Lars, but at least they put things in the past, truely care for their fans and invited everyone possible to be part of their HOF induction and 30th anniversary celebrations last year.

Even Slash and the other original members are willing to let it go for at least one night. Not Axl though. It's always been all about him. He can act like he cares about fans, etc.. but that's BS and he's proven it since the beginning of Guns.

I mean, we're talking about a guy that can't even show up on time to a concert that the fans paid 50+ bucks for. He doesn't give a {censored} about anyone.

I wonder how a has-been fatso like him managed to bang Lana Del Rey (talentless or not)

1333999654_lana-del-rey-axl-rose-article

• Members

Axl Rose has always been the reason I never liked Guns and Roses. I hate his voice and I hate his personality.

I second this - one of the worst singers in the history of man, and the first (of several) reasons why I never liked that band.

• Members

I agree 100%. {censored} that douche.

• Members

Crap, that was awful

It's probably because he's a fat piece of {censored} who just goes out of breath immediately when he sings. When he was skinny around the mid 2000s, he actually sounded fine. When he was fat in the early 00's, he sounded like Mickey Mouse doing GNR karaoke like he did on that MTV thing from way back then.

Archived