The official HCAF NHL playoffs thread...

Zeppelin Rules

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^^ Canucks will never win! Lol. The dirtiest bunch of bitches in the game. You guys might not get by the Kings. Quick is a hell of a goalie. Hot goalies can win a series all themselves..

Speaking of which, that's gonna be the biggest question mark the Hawks have against the Coyotes.. Their goalie is playing insane. He's a big monkey too.. Nothing worse than trying to score when you have nothing to shoot at..

• Members

Definitely didn't expect the games tonight to be so physical (or the two other than the Pittsburgh/Philly game, at least...). Everyone seems to be off to a running start.

Didn't see Philly coming back from those early goals, but they somehow managed. I never saw it coming (and I never kept up with their regular season games), but Schenn is a great fit on that team. That was an entertaining game. Sucks that Detroit lost, but they seemed really off tonight; so many passes intercepted by Nashville, Rinne was great and they just couldn't manage to get anything going. Quite the WTF moment with Weber at the end, pretty crazy. No question that there will be a suspension there. Mixed feelings about Vancouver...got tired of their antics last year, but I'd rather watch them play later on than LA. Not a bad game there...there were some fun near-misses.

• Members

I'm so glad to see playoff hockey. It's refreshing to see great talent and even the lower ranked teams are scrapping it out.

If the Caps can pull up their socks, it's going to be one hell of an exciting series against Boston. I wish I could catch more of the games in the East, as those series look a little more exciting. I think Washington/Boston and Pittsburgh/Philly will be the series to watch this first round. Even though the Canucks are the only Canadian team in, I don't know if I can bring myself to cheer for them because their fans are just so annoying.

I might have to head to some local bars to catch some of the games. I really want to catch the Blues/Sharks game.

• Members

I'm so glad to see playoff hockey. It's refreshing to see great talent and even the lower ranked teams are scrapping it out.

If the Caps can pull up their socks, it's going to be one hell of an exciting series against Boston. I wish I could catch more of the games in the East, as those series look a little more exciting. I think Washington/Boston and Pittsburgh/Philly will be the series to watch this first round. Even though the Canucks are the only Canadian team in, I don't know if I can bring myself to cheer for them because their fans are just so annoying.

I might have to head to some local bars to catch some of the games. I really want to catch the Blues/Sharks game.

I have zero hopes for the Caps this year. Even though this is their first entrance to the playoffs where they had to scrap and fight to make it so maybe that's a good thing. They've been playing like a playoff team the last 5-6 games so who knows. I just have no hope, spoken like a true DC sports fan...

• Members

{censored}ing Flyers. Hate those assholes. I think there might be a lot of surprises this year. Some teams you may not expect to be spoilers just might be. There has been a few teams that have flown under the radar that will make things interesting.

• Members

I have zero hopes for the Caps this year. Even though this is their first entrance to the playoffs where they had to scrap and fight to make it so maybe that's a good thing. They've been playing like a playoff team the last 5-6 games so who knows. I just have no hope, spoken like a true DC sports fan...

Sad but true....

• Members

All this is true, but whatever. {censored}ing Go Caps!!

• Members

I watched the Kings/Canucks yesterday and the Kings are tough.. Richards had a great game.. That guy and Quick might be enough to pull off the upset..

What I noticed this year is there is some real good goalies in it this year. Lundqvist, Rinne,Smith, and Quick had phenomenal years.. And a bunch of other good ones.. Guys who look like they can dominate series and get the"goalie" wins. Hell, even Luongo played good yesterday.. Although if they are going to win, eventually they'll have to sit that mental bird brain and play Schneider..

• Members

I watched the Kings/Canucks yesterday and the Kings are tough.. Richards had a great game.. That guy and Quick might be enough to pull off the upset..

What I noticed this year is there is some real good goalies in it this year. Lundqvist, Rinne,Smith, and Quick had phenomenal years.. And a bunch of other good ones.. Guys who look like they can dominate series and get the"goalie" wins. Hell, even Luongo played good yesterday.. Although if they are going to win, eventually they'll have to sit that mental bird brain and play Schneider..

Halak, Elliott and Anderson were pretty good too.

I doubt Pittsburg or Philly will go all the way. Whoever comes out of that will probably be too crippled to get much further.

Canucks won't either because they suck. I had to watch the game on mute last night because Craig Simpson and Jim Hughson just {censored}ing gargle Canuck balls all night and don't actually watch the game. Doesn't help that Vancouver usually gets the best home (or away) reffing in the league most nights. That last game of the season against Edmonton was {censored}ing brutal.

• Members

Halak, Elliott and Anderson were pretty good too.

I doubt Pittsburg or Philly will go all the way. Whoever comes out of that will probably be too crippled to get much further.

Canucks won't either because they suck. I had to watch the game on mute last night because Craig Simpson and Jim Hughson just {censored}ing gargle Canuck balls all night and don't actually watch the game. Doesn't help that Vancouver usually gets the best home (or away) reffing in the league most nights. That last game of the season against Edmonton was {censored}ing brutal.

lol, it's your Flamers that suck bra, the Coilers are {censored} too. Hughson is the best in the biz, you're way off base on that one.

• Members

lol, it's your Flamers that suck bra, the Coilers are {censored} too. Hughson is the best in the biz, you're way off base on that one.

:lol: How many cups do you guys have again?

That being said - no arguments about the Flames or Oilers here... they're both up there as the worst managed teams in the league - right behind Montreal and Toronto.

*waits for inevitable riot*

I'm calling it now - LA will spend 25+ minutes in the box in game 2.

• Members

:lol:
How many cups do you guys have again?

That being said - no arguments about the Flames or Oilers here... they're both up there as the worst managed teams in the league - right behind Montreal and Toronto.

*waits for inevitable riot*

I'm calling it now - LA will spend 25+ minutes in the box in game 2.

to say that the reffing bias is in the Canucks favour is truly insane, the final against Boston last year was a study in favouritism and league agenda. the Canucks sucked hard last night and still almost won the game.

oh and technically Vancouver has the same number of cups as Calgary= 1

• Members

to say that the reffing bias is in the Canucks favour is truly insane, the final against Boston last year was a study in favouritism and league agenda. the Canucks sucked hard last night and still almost won the game.

oh and technically Vancouver has the same number of cups as Calgary= 1

WW1 era baby! Longer drought than the Leafs lol

I also said MOST nights. Not every night. Not all the refs are on the take I guess :idk:

Archived