Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bogner Uberkab vs. Mesa Recto 4x12 (Peavey, Parker Fly Deluxe)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner Uberkab vs. Mesa Recto 4x12 (Peavey, Parker Fly Deluxe)

My new Parker has just arrived...if you haven't played one there's no point in describing how amazing this guitar is...lowest action ever, it's like you don't even have to play yourself.
    I thought the DiMarzio Tone Zone would suck, but it's actually not that bad, not even sure if I have to replace it, sounds kinda neat...

Anyways, here's a comparison of the Mesa Recto 4x12 and the Bogner Ubercab 4x12 both are single mic'd with an sm57 (on the Bogner I mic'd the v30 only):

Both are double tracked, I added a "combined" track in the end which is quadtracked, so it's actually out of the competition, just added it for fun

I'm a huge fan of the MEsa's smoothness for modern tones, but if you're looking for brutal DM tones the Bogner just sounds meaner I think

LSD Studio

Contact me about
    Reamping
    Mixing
    Mastering
    Drumediting

I agree... which is why I have these here:

Engl Savage 120 Jackson USA Guitars

Excellent transactions with:
    killertone, Mizati20, thaifoo, zygoat, is350xtrm, bartmcartman, xiwiwix and many more.

"Killing is my business... and business is good..."

Comment

I think the Mesa one sounded a bit fuller but the bogner is definitely more aggro! Great clips by the way!
      Vanquish Mystique Custom
      Marshall JCM900 4100ri
      Marshall 1960a
      Ibanez TS9
      Ibanez AD9
      Korg Pitchblack
      Sanyo Eneloop

Comment

Definately the bogner for me and some of the best metal clips around. Thick meaty sound, what is more to ask!!!
        "is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!

short answer: no...

long answer: no way..."

Comment

combined ftw
          The box pattern and arpeggio diagrams I made. Use em for whatever.

My death metal band.

Band's facebook page

Comment

I wouldn't say one was "WAY BETTER" than the other. Either sounds great. Very nice sounding. what were your 5150 settings?
            "Follow your instinct.... It usually takes you home."

Heads:
            Egnater Armageddon
            VHT Deliverance
            Titan Custom 100
            Baron MII 100
            Marshall JCM 800 2203KK
            VHT 100 CL
            Splawn Nitro
            Peavey 6505 & FJA 6505 & 5150 II
            Krank Krankenstein +
            Bogner Uberschall Rev Blue
            Rivera K-Tre'
            Framus Cobra & Dragon
            Ampeg VH-140c
            Engl Savage 120 & Powerball
            Mesa Dual Rectifier
            ESP Guitars

HC References
            http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2242115

Comment

I wouldn't say one was "WAY BETTER" than the other. Either sounds great. Very nice sounding. what were your 5150 settings?

Thanks.

settings:

I hit it with a Tubescreamer though, for some juicy mid bump (hence the mid-scoopage on the amp)
              LSD Studio

Contact me about
              Reamping
              Mixing
              Mastering
              Drumediting

Comment

wow...that blend...awesome.
                Peters Amplification

Comment

I did not like that Uberkab at all, I thought Mesa sounded much better. But the blended mix was definitely bad ass!
                  Amp:
                  Laney AOR 50
                  Emperor 4x12
                  Clips
                  Buyer/Seller References

Comment

I did not like that Uberkab at all, I thought Mesa sounded much better. But the blended mix was definitely bad ass!

Same here

The UK had too much on top - not quite fizzy, but not rounded off as I like it
                    Originally Posted by scratchie

Youse gots butthurtz cause youse gots too meeny deeks stuck in you mans poosie.

Comment

I preferred the Mesa.
                      My BandMy Tunes, jams and other recordingsAmps:Mesa Boogie Mark IVMesa Boogie Mark VEVH 5153 Mini

Comment

The blend sounds best (no surprise), but I prefer the Bogner over the Mesa. The mesa sounds more scooped with a fizzier top end. The Bogner sounds fuller, and I think with a touch more treble would be better for me than the Mesa.

Comment

i liked both.

Comment

I think I liked the Mesa better as well. Strangely enough, in my band, we both use 6506+ heads but I use the Uberkab and the other guitarist uses the Mesa OS. We get the blended sound so it's perfect . But, IRL, I like my cab better. It's just punchier for some reason.

Comment

Both sounded bad ass in their own right

I've owned my Uberkab for almost 5 years and the first 2 years was a love/hate relationship with it. It sounds monsterous with most amps, but it's not as tight of a cab as most people have made it out to be when I was first inquiring about it. It's got a bit of flub to it. After all these years, I've learned to embrace it's characteristics and can make any amp sing through it. Probably the best cab I've ever owned in the 18 years I've collected gear.
                              Good transactions: Metalcore5150, Shiny_Surface, Cyndicate (2x), putnut77, Erock503, Joejpiano, guitar_manic, BrokenFusion, rbasaria, guitarslinger

VERY GOOD, VERY GOOD!

Comment

Working...
                              X