Is It Automatic You Spending Tax Refund on Gear?

Stonedtone

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm getting back $1400 MORE than I got back last year (only got $1400 last year), and it's burning a whole in my pocket something fierce. Everyday I come up with something different I want to buy, and I don't even have the money yet.

Oh, and I need to take out two trees and get some landscaping done too :cry:

• Members

I'm a 1099 worker. I have no taxes taken out. My wife does and the interest on our mortgage got us there

Gotcha. That's cool. I have my job the minimum every year, and I still get a refund. Never understood why everyone doesn't do that...

• Members

Maybe you should change your withholding if you're getting that much back. Why let the government hang on to your money?

:facepalm:

what sort of a return could he have made with an extra $38/paycheck? Its a seriously negligible amount. Why not have a little faux bonus at the end of the year?

and no, no gear. Instead used it to open escrow...

• Members

Why not have a little faux bonus at the end of the year?

/QUOTE]

Because the government is using your money, instead of you using your money. May be a "faux bonus" but why not keep more of your money throughout the year and use it how you see fit?

• Members

Because the government is using your money, instead of you using your money. May be a "faux bonus" but why not keep more of your money throughout the year and use it how you see fit?

because I make plenty throughout the year.

I save mine.

but spend the {censored} out of my annual bonus. this year I got the LP, cab, Plexi, pedals, and 6 months of rehearsal room. boom. suck it.

• Members

because I make plenty throughout the year.

I save mine.

but spend the {censored} out of my annual bonus. this year I got the LP, cab, Plexi, pedals, and 6 months of rehearsal room. boom. suck it.

I"m a saver too, but that's kind of irrelevant. My point is, why let the government effectively open a saving acct for you, with NO interest, that you can only access once a year?

And an actual bonus is not equal to an income tax refund.

• Members

what sort of a return could he have made with an extra $38/paycheck? Its a seriously negligible amount. Why not have a little faux bonus at the end of the year?

and no, no gear. Instead used it to open escrow...

OP is getting back $13k. That's a little more than $38 per paycheck

Archived