Randall Rm50c vs T2C

digiadaamore

• Members

Hey guys im trying to pick my ultimate amp. Im on a budget and the one i get will be permanent for me. The Rm50 would be about 200$ more and comes with an ultra and blackface module, i really like the the t2c but i also hear advantages to the rm. Anyone have an opinion or comparison here? Thanks

• Members

Getting in to the Randall RM series of amps has been the best gear decision I ever made. Wish I knew how amazing these amps were years ago.

The modded modules from Jaidedfaithmods.com are unbelievable. Highly recommended!

• Members

I recently picked up an RM50 combo to replace my Recto halfstack.

I really like it. Well made amp, with good features (bias points/adjust, power amp controls - resonance and damping, two loops, speaker outs), plus the modular stuff is cool.

I got 7 modules with mine.

If you're looking for an 'amp for life' then the MTS series is a good choice. The different pre-amps really do make a difference to the sound, and you can try out different valves in there really easily (6L6 or EL34 for example).

Stock modules are cheap - they go for about $100-120, plus there are many guys out there who make all kinds - have a look at Salvation Mods' site and soundclips.

The Blackface is a nice Fender clean sound - no real overdrive available though

Ultra is OK - good for thrash metal or something, but I prefer the SL+ or Grail modules for high gain.

I use a Plexi module for my clean sound - had a good sweep on the gain control from clean to crunch and works well with the volume knob.

• Members

Yeah depends if you think you will get bored or not later down the line... with the RM50c you will have the option of buying or trading for new modules or modding existing ones. The T2 and T2c are really nice and give awesome metal, decent rock, and good clean sounds but the RM series will have potential for more versatility. Do you want to set and forget for practice and jams or are you a tweaker and do you easily get bored? =P

• Members

I recently bought a Randall RD50 Diavlo head that I am really digging.According to the guys at Randall,the clean and overdrive channels are based on the "Clean" and "Ultra" MTS modules.Yeah,Randall makes some killer amps.Especially for the money spent.

Ed

• Members

well i wouldnt say im a tweaker, and rock sound is not a concern i want ultra heavy,pretty heavy, and clean. if i got the rm is there a group of to trade with id really like to trade the ultra for a kh3

mtsforum.grailtone.com is where you want to be

• Members

ok well today i went and played a 6505 112 for the hell of it. it is Way too loud for me! are the randalls going to be up there with the volume

Yes, the Randall can totally hang volume wise. The great thing is the my T2 sounds KILLLER at low volumes too.

• Members

Yeah the T2 series sounds great at low volumes and even better as you crank it. With the RM50 it's going to be like most tube amps and while it may sound decent at low volumes, it's probably too loud for you if the 6505+112 was too loud... though I've never played the Peavey or RM50c...

Maybe go sign up at the MTS forums and ask some RM50 owners how well it hangs for practice volumes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

ok guys this may be a crazy comparison but im either going to get the t2c or a blackstar ht5 and run it with a boost. id really rather have the randall, ive watched a demo at bedroom volume that sounded awesome, but i still have trouble believing it can really do low volume. is it really possible to run it low?

• Members

OK {censored} it all there shall be a monster in my home soon! thanks guys

edit: alright last question i promise, what does everyone think of the orange dark terror? it would end up costing more and i feel like id be getting less cause its single channel, but there supposed to be brutal little monsters. any thoughts

Archived