No announcement yet.

Randall Rm50c vs T2C

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall Rm50c vs T2C

Hey guys im trying to pick my ultimate amp. Im on a budget and the one i get will be permanent for me. The Rm50 would be about 200$ more and comes with an ultra and blackface module, i really like the the t2c but i also hear advantages to the rm. Anyone have an opinion or comparison here? Thanks

Getting in to the Randall RM series of amps has been the best gear decision I ever made. Wish I knew how amazing these amps were years ago.

The modded modules from Jaidedfaithmods.com are unbelievable. Highly recommended!
    Good deals with: DoubleRGuitars, doomsdaymachine, locke3891, robbierobnj06, shooterkc, Quiszero

Comment

Never tried the TC2 but my RM22 with modded modules is like having a dozen amps in one..
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Great Deal(s) With - LoFiBrian, eyeball987

Comment

I recently picked up an RM50 combo to replace my Recto halfstack.
        I really like it. Well made amp, with good features (bias points/adjust, power amp controls - resonance and damping, two loops, speaker outs), plus the modular stuff is cool.
        I got 7 modules with mine.

If you're looking for an 'amp for life' then the MTS series is a good choice. The different pre-amps really do make a difference to the sound, and you can try out different valves in there really easily (6L6 or EL34 for example).
        Stock modules are cheap - they go for about $100-120, plus there are many guys out there who make all kinds - have a look at Salvation Mods' site and soundclips.

The Blackface is a nice Fender clean sound - no real overdrive available though
        Ultra is OK - good for thrash metal or something, but I prefer the SL+ or Grail modules for high gain.
        I use a Plexi module for my clean sound - had a good sweep on the gain control from clean to crunch and works well with the volume knob.
        Have a listen and like my rock/stoner/thrash band Longhorn on Facebook

Comment

Yeah depends if you think you will get bored or not later down the line... with the RM50c you will have the option of buying or trading for new modules or modding existing ones. The T2 and T2c are really nice and give awesome metal, decent rock, and good clean sounds but the RM series will have potential for more versatility. Do you want to set and forget for practice and jams or are you a tweaker and do you easily get bored? =P
          Randall T2 / V2 / Titan
          Randall RS412XLT100 cab
          Schecter Omen w/ CL
          BC Rich Jr. V Icon m/
          OLP MM3 5 string natural finish

my Soundcloud - My Youtube Channel

Comment

I recently bought a Randall RD50 Diavlo head that I am really digging.According to the guys at Randall,the clean and overdrive channels are based on the "Clean" and "Ultra" MTS modules.Yeah,Randall makes some killer amps.Especially for the money spent.

Ed
            "One can never have too many great tones."

Comment

Can't speak to the T2C, but I know since I picked up my randall mts rack, I have not GAS'd for another amp. I toyed with the idea of picking up a Splawn, and now Jaded Faith is doing a module based on the quick rod! There's alot of cool stuff out there for MTS!
              http://www.sbgband.com
              Randall RM4 preamp(Clean, Tweed, Plexi, XTC, and 1086 modules), Randall RT2/50 poweramp, Randall 2x12 NXT cabinet, Parker Fly Deluxe, Les Paul Classic Antique, and various Fender Guitars, Line 6 X2 Digital Wireless, Peavey Mics, Rane parametric EQs, Bad Monkey Overdrive and G-Force w/ Ground Control for effects.

Comment

well i wouldnt say im a tweaker, and rock sound is not a concern i want ultra heavy,pretty heavy, and clean. if i got the rm is there a group of to trade with id really like to trade the ultra for a kh3

Comment

Yeah, there is a forum called Grailtone - just search MTS forum in google
                  Have a listen and like my rock/stoner/thrash band Longhorn on Facebook

Comment

If all you want is a good metal sound and a clean, then you can't go wrong with the T2 or a V2. Get the RM if you need more versatility, which you will probably want down the road...

Comment

well i wouldnt say im a tweaker, and rock sound is not a concern i want ultra heavy,pretty heavy, and clean. if i got the rm is there a group of to trade with id really like to trade the ultra for a kh3

mtsforum.grailtone.com is where you want to be
                      Good deals with: DoubleRGuitars, doomsdaymachine, locke3891, robbierobnj06, shooterkc, Quiszero

Comment

ok well today i went and played a 6505 112 for the hell of it. it is Way too loud for me! are the randalls going to be up there with the volume

Comment

I would say T2 if it is the older 400 watt original version. Otherwise I'd get the RM50
                          Rivera K-Tre
                          Randall T2

Carvin, Gibson, ESP

Good deals with: Shredtilurded, Juggernaut, Guillatool1( x2 ), MatrixClaw, CRANK,Clonexx, Chris the Asian, Slav123, lfrz93, ldonnell89, Khoifish321, bankboy, JJPSGAK, DTorg, jdr94, Yo_Squig, coolblues309, samthinguy, MorgMetal666, Uberthrall, Duke318, Harris, Katana, mctallica1, JerEvil, GuidanceofSin, phreddy, O'Rourke, Toshiro, the4thlast1, aywilson, shask, NeoAngelo, TomCray, scottcrud,sdgails, GibsonVMan, 100 watt

Comment

ok well today i went and played a 6505 112 for the hell of it. it is Way too loud for me! are the randalls going to be up there with the volume

Yes, the Randall can totally hang volume wise. The great thing is the my T2 sounds KILLLER at low volumes too.
                            Rivera K-Tre
                            Randall T2

Carvin, Gibson, ESP

Good deals with: Shredtilurded, Juggernaut, Guillatool1( x2 ), MatrixClaw, CRANK,Clonexx, Chris the Asian, Slav123, lfrz93, ldonnell89, Khoifish321, bankboy, JJPSGAK, DTorg, jdr94, Yo_Squig, coolblues309, samthinguy, MorgMetal666, Uberthrall, Duke318, Harris, Katana, mctallica1, JerEvil, GuidanceofSin, phreddy, O'Rourke, Toshiro, the4thlast1, aywilson, shask, NeoAngelo, TomCray, scottcrud,sdgails, GibsonVMan, 100 watt

Comment

Yeah the T2 series sounds great at low volumes and even better as you crank it. With the RM50 it's going to be like most tube amps and while it may sound decent at low volumes, it's probably too loud for you if the 6505+112 was too loud... though I've never played the Peavey or RM50c...

Maybe go sign up at the MTS forums and ask some RM50 owners how well it hangs for practice volumes.
                              Randall T2 / V2 / Titan
                              Randall RS412XLT100 cab
                              Schecter Omen w/ CL
                              BC Rich Jr. V Icon m/
                              OLP MM3 5 string natural finish

my Soundcloud - My Youtube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X