Dang it, GAS

ej

• Members

For the years one of my dream amps has been a Marshall 2204.

I thought Billy's JCM900 MkIII would kill the gas. It helps but I still want the real thing :mad:

The JCM900 sounds great too, even has recently replaced caps and a new OT. Gas is dumb.

• Members

I feel like you said something about the Titan being a gas killer...

Score another for the mako!!
:lol:

The Titan is an absolute gas killer, for high gain stuff. The crunch channel is way more open and less crunchy than a JCM, I need that Marshall roar :love:

• Members

You wanted a 2204 and bought a 900. You done {censored}ed up, homie. Sell it. Buy JMP. CELEBRATE WITH YOUR DICK OUT.

I woulda bought a 2204 if I'd had the cash. I didn't. Still don't.

I played a '79 JMP MkII a year ago. That is my dream.

• Members

My amps are all infected with the flip virus and it's highly contagious.

I know there is some "mojo" associated with the 2204's but I honestly like the MKIII's tone better

The tone is great, but its not as thick as the 2204 I played was. There's nothing I don't like about the tone. I just know.someday it'll be sacrificed to get a 2204 :lol:

• Members

The tone is great, but its not as thick as the 2204 I played was. There's nothing I don't like about the tone. I just know.someday it'll be sacrificed to get a 2204

I felt like the MKIII was thicker than the 2204 but then again I had that amp's almost volume maxed out :lol:

• Members

An old friend of mine has been holding on to an early 80's 2203. Every time he sees me he asks if I want it.. I used to play it all the time as after he quit the band he left it at the spot for years.. Lol. He was a friend still after the fact.. I'm always thinking I might want to buy it. But I'm sure it needs caps, but hell I might be able to handle that myself.. For those in the know, what's the going rate on an original 800 with 6550 tubes?

• Members

An old friend of mine has been holding on to an early 80's 2203. Every time he sees me he asks if I want it.. I used to play it all the time as after he quit the band he left it at the spot for years.. Lol. He was a friend still after the fact.. I'm always thinking I might want to buy it. But I'm sure it needs caps, but hell I might be able to handle that myself.. For those in the know, what's the going rate on an original 800 with 6550 tubes?

900-1000 in good condition. More than that and it's just not worth it.

• Members

What billy said. You could probably talk him down if its all hissy/poppy (means it needs caps)

Archived