Marshall experts..info on a cab needed.

100 watt

• Members

I have what I THINK is a late 70's 1960A that some d*ck head stripped the tolex off of, and painted the whole thing black. (including the large check grille cloth:facepalm: )

The handles have the Marshall script at the top of them.

What years had the Marshall script on the handles?

Trying to decide if I need to swap the handles out on it before I sell it. A buddy of mine's sold handles before & got crazy money for them.

(and if someone wants it, it's for sale, but shipping on an empty 4x12 is usually around $100)

• Members

3839517a.jpg

Late 70's Marshall cabs should have Blackback Rola Celestions and the speakers will have date codes on the basket & cones.

Wouldn't they maybe have cream/green backs also? I've heard it's sort of a mishmash of colour-backs between 71 and onwards.

• Members
Wouldn't they maybe have cream/green backs also? I've heard it's sort of a mishmash of colour-backs between 71 and onwards.

nevermind the fact that the OP mentioned the cab is unloaded. :idea:

Of course, CharvelDumb just saw Marshall cab and needed to post pics.

• Members

I think Ive figured it out. It has large check cloth, script handles & the hole for the jack is the small older style one. Im betting its a 75-up. Im not ure what year they went to large check.

I got it on a trade & it was empty. Got a guy wanting to trade me an empty jcm800 1960A for it. (his still has tolex, corners, etc on it. ) I dont wanna keep it. Just use it as something to trade, or sell it.

Archived